Found

"You...you're joking?" I quietly asked in disbelief.
"No. She is here. How do you feel about it. I know it can feel a bit unnerving. First question is first. Do you want to see her? We, and hopefully Miss Derrick will as well, understand if you don't at this moment in time."
"Are you kidding? It's fine! Of course I want to see her!" I whispered excitedly, "I've been waiting for a long time for this moment."
"Ok. We should be able to go downstairs any moment now. We just need to wait for Sandra to finish talking with Miss Derrick."
"Very well."
(Back in Sandra's office)
"So, as you can see Kit, it is a bit difficult. I only told you the structure; I will leave it up to Adrianah to tell you the story in any more detail if she wishes. But please, go easy on her, it isn't an easy thing for her."
"Is she upset?" asked Kit.
"I don't know," replied Sandra, "Kasey went up to get her, but from what I can't hear, I think Adrianah took the news quite well."
"Ok."
Five minutes later, Kasey and I made our way downstairs. She went in first and soon after, I was allowed to go in.
On the chair, facing Sandra, sat Kit. As I came in, she slowly and nervously turned around. I recognized Kit in an instant; she was definitely my birth mom.
"Mom!" I yelled running up to her, embracing her with a hug, "you came! You didn't forget!"
"Of course I wouldn't, my daughter....." replied Kit.
"I think we should leave them alone for a bit," whispered Kasey.
"Yes," agreed Sandra, "they have a lot to talk about, as do we."