Surprise Visit

"Um...Sandra? She came again."
"Who?" asked Sandra.
"Miss Kit Derrick."
"Oh, goodness," replied Sandra.
"I was thinking, maybe I should call Jordan down?" said Kasey.
"Kasey, no! This is a hard subject. We don't even know whether or not to tell her that Jordan is here."
"Why not? It's her mother."
"What sort of mother abandons her children?"
"You don't know the whole story!"
"Well, do you? Cause if you do you ****** well better tell me if you do!"
"I don't! Shesh! Calm down, woman! But it's not like Jordan wants to talk about her past and I honestly don't think she told us everything!"
Sandra stood up and slammed her hands on the desk,
"DON'T YOU DARE RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME LIKE OR SPEAK TO ME DISRESPECTFULLY LIKE THAT AGAIN! ARE WE UNDERSTOOD KASEY?!"
Kasey looked down at the floor, trying hard to fight back the tears that wanted to drip down her cheeks.
"Well?"
"Yes, Miss. I'm sorry, Miss." replied Kasey very meekly.
Before Sandra could reply, the door opened and Kit came in.
"I'm sorry to disturb, but if it is a problem, then I will go."
"No problem at all," replied Sandra, "Please, sit down Miss Derrick."
"Please, call me Kit. I know I came here quite recently and everything, but you haven't had any news about Adrianah have you?"
Sandra looked up at Kasey and through her eyes signaled for her to go get Jordan from her room. After a short pause, she said, "Well Kit, the situation is more complex than we imagined...."
(At the same time upstairs)
"Jordan? Can I come in?" asked Kasey.
"Yeah, sure!" I replied.
Kasey came in and sat by my side on my bed.
"Jordan. I'm not sure how you will react to this, but please try to do it calmly ok?"
"Is something wrong?" I asked.
Kasey looked out of the window before sighing and saying,
"Jordan, your mother, Kit Derrick, is downstairs."