ᴄᴀᴘɪᴛᴜʟᴜᴍ xɪx: ǫᴜɪ ᴘᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʀᴀɴsғᴇʀʀᴇ ᴀᴍᴏʀᴇᴍ, ᴘᴏᴛᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴏɴᴇʀᴇ

📜Chapter 19: One who switched lovers too easily, can as well easily abandon the
latter.📜

*Three weeks later, late at night, in a shed in the backyard of Levi's property*

𝐸𝑟𝑒𝑛'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉

Exhausted, I'm resting my head against his while I keep panting.

I can smell his scent; and not the artificial smells of oils and soap, but the actual smell of his skin covered in sweat, that makes some hair stick to his forehead.

And I don't look any different.

I'm taking the time to look at his widened eyes, as I caress his cheeks with the back of my fingers.
And thanks to the moonlight I can see that beautiful shade of blue/grey in his eyes: the fire has well damaged it on that side, but it's still so charming.
I literally can't find it ugly.

He's tracing the marks he left on my back with his own nails, which I payed him back for.

Everything's perfect.

But I know, that I must break this silence.
Or actually, void of words: out there, in the middle of the night, there's dogs barking, some drunk ass is shouting, while we're still panting loudly.

"Why did it happen again..?"
He spoke first, like he'd read my mind.
His voice, it sounds angry.
But at the same time, he's giving me those puppy eyes.

"I don't know, you tell me."
In reality, I was the one to ask him to come here; but in my defense, he's the one who took control of the situation and guided us to sin then and there.

"But please, don't leave..."
"Hell if I'll leave."

If I could, I'd stay here forever.
Sitting in a shed, in the dark, on a mid-autumn night, hugging him while we're naked, panting and covered in our own sweat.

"You're the one who's leaving.
In a few hours, you'll be on your way to Spain.
Without me."

And he's right, I cannot excuse myself.
But he deserves some kind of explanation.

"I know.
And I'm sorry, I'm terribly sorry...
But please, let me explain.."

He nodded and I pulled him even closer, not breaking eye contact for a second.

Being night, it's cold and humid: we have to hug each other tight and share warmth, so we don't freeze to -possible- death.
But frankly, I'll gladly stay like this even in the hottest summer day.
It feels too good.

I began explaining, starting from the day when we fought a couple of days before his wedding.
Not without feeling ashamed, I told him about how I had convinced myself he was the one that had ordered the massacre in my village.
And I put a lot of emphasis on those two days in the cart and what I could see from that one window, because I'm too fucking proud.

Trying to remember the exact words, I told him what his cousin had told me about his past, his reputation and his personality.

He looked down, his head under my chin, but I quickly cupped his cheeks to force him to look up.
I kissed him, and we almost went for another round.

"If you're about to ask me if what she said was true-"
"I don't care.
Let me tell you why I-"

"Yes, it's all true.
And I'm so sorry I never told you before."

He keeps interrupting me: "but, anyway, you're leaving with her basically now, so.."

I snorted, making some of the now-dry-hair on his forehead move.