[8] - Unexpected Turn

Him and Quackity had been walking, for what seemed, almost an hour. He was generally bored of all this walking silently, he needed some sort of conversation for satisfaction. He looked over at Quackity, to see what he was fiddling with, but turns out he was shivering. Since they were at the colder part of Snow Chester, he brought his coat but didn't bring Quackity one as he could just give the duck boy his. He swiftly took off his trench coat. Taking the gun out of the harness holster, pulled off his harness (the ones that some sheriff's have like with a holster.) Holding the coat, he put back on his harness over his warm yellow turtle neck and placed his gun back in the holster.

"Here." He said, holding his coat out for the quite smaller. Quackity felt some sort of blush form on his face as he took it, slid his arms in, and cuddled into the warmth of the jacket. "Won't you get cold?" Alex said back. Wilbur chuckled as he looked over.

"Alex, it's too big for you!" He said, doing that laughter that Alex always managed to fall for. It didn't even matter if it was one that sounded to scary, he still fell for it. He guessed it was the comfort of him but then again, why would he find comfort in a maniacal laugh? He shook the thoughts out of his head and just started at the taller, making him smirk. "Let's just go, we only have a miles or two left." Wilbur said, calming himself down from the past few minutes, as Quackity pulled up the sleeves of the coat so it could fit him properly.

--------------------------------

Eventually Wilbur and Quackity had just made it to the border, making the taller sigh from relieve. "You cold?" He heard the other speak. "Nah not really." Wilbur said. "Well.. it's time to head to the place I guess.." Quackity responded, taking off Wilbur's jacket. "No, keep it on, love." Wilbur smiled. Love? What kind of nickname is what? Alex had to admit, he kinda liked it. He smiled back. "Fine, you get cold, it's your fuckin' problem." Quackity responded. "Remember the last time you tried to look tough? Didn't work out well did it?" Wilbur said, getting a hold of Quackity's chin and rubbing his (Wilbur's) thumb on his (Quackity's) bottom lip. "Shut up." Quackity said, smacking Wilburs hand away. Wilbur was taken back, but didn't say anything. "Well we're here. What's the plan?" Wilbur asked, as the other pulled out the map. "Well, we're at the boarder so I'm guessing we head North West for a while." Quackity responded, them putting the map away. "Sounds good to me, Pup." Wilbur responded.

They started to walk North West and we're anxious, but not too nerve wrecked. But then, Quackity's phone vibrated. Someone was ringing him. "Who is it?" Wilbur questioned as Quackity pulled out his phone from his pocket. He looked at the number. It was a close friend. "Give me a second, Will." Quackity said, a little concerned, waling a few seconds away from him. "Hello?" Quackity said. "Hey big Q.. we have some important news..." The person, on the other line, said. "What? What's happened?" Quackity asked, concerningly. "Well.. we need you to come round. As fast as possible." The voice said, sounding like they we're about ot have a breakdown. "Just hold on, okay? I'll be ask quick as I can." Quackity said, then hung up. He walked swiftly back to Wilbur and shoved his phone back in his pocket. "There's been a change of plans.." Quackity said, taking out the map. "Why? What's happening?" Wilbur asked. "We need to visit someone, we need to head North East." Quackity said. "You okay?" Wilbur asked, pulling Quackity's chin to make them have an eye contact moment. "Yeah.. please can this be quick? I'm worried about them." Quackity said, making Wilbur think. Them? Who's them? "Okay then, it's go." Wilbur said, following by giving Alex a small peck on the lips to comfort him. "Okay, let's go." Quackity said.

Who's them?