Chapter Thirty-Five

Xiomara

I glared at him as he put on his pants, "This isn't funny nor a game to me, Oryon"

He scoffed, "Does it look like I'm fucking around?

I scoffed right back, "Yes, it does because that's all you ever do. Fuck around, fuck me, and then leave"

"Have I left?"

"No, but now I am starting to want you to get back to your natural state. Leave. Now. It is incredible how you can go from kind and gentle to an apathetic asshole all over again" I snapped, turning my back to him and starting to dress up for the day.

"Why are you so fucking stubborn, Xiomara? Think about it! Think before you start accusing me of being an insolent jerk" He said, I tucked in my red-silk blouse into my black pencil skirt and bent down to put on my red sling-black heels.

"Will you forget the stupid shoes and listen to me?" He ordered, I laughed and sat on the bed, facing him again.

"These aren't shoes! These are Louboutins now what does the king of the whole round world have to bloody tell me?"

He stalked over to me and gripped my jaw harshly, craning my neck back, I rose an eyebrow, gritting my teeth, "Easy, Xiomara. I have about thirty different tactics to make you get on the ground and lose the attitude and I won't even have to lay a finger on you. Got it?"

I smirked, "No and I will not marry you"

He bared his teeth, "Really?"

I stared at him, not responding.

"The more you give chase, the more I want you. You believe you know everything, I do too but You did not know that when your legs aren't wrapped around me, I jack off to the image of you living, breathing, and coming apart because I live, because I breathe, because fuck you ever being born, I am yours. Do you hear me, stubborn and beautiful girl? I am fucking yours..."
I collided with a thousand walls, could this be a lie? Are we building an empire out of lies?
Why does it sound so sweet?
Like he's given me wings, warm tea, and a corner of the world that is him I can seek refuge in.
"Is this a love confession?" I asked, trembling. God, I wanted to hold him. Hug him. Could a man like him truly be mine?
He laughed like it hurt him and loosened his hold on my jaw, moving his hand to the back of my neck, "I wish it was just love, it's ten times worse, it's this insatiable need to own you but also feel owned by you. Why didn't you tell me that while I was wrapping you up in my ropes, you had a pair of your own to tie around my wrists?"
I shook my head, touching his thick biceps with both of my hands," How can I own you if you don't love me?" I asked.
He thought for a moment, huffing out a breathe, you'd have thought I asked him a physics question which with his intelligence he could have solved in seconds but a question on emotions...I paralyzed him.
Oryon frowned, "I need time, more patience than you've already given me, I'm a lot. I'm baggage and twisted, ugly, and dark shit that by all means, a fucking heiress with a pristine background does not deserve but I have you in my hands, I have you here by your own choice, with me. I've never had anything more precious in my life besides my adoptive mother, Kiovanna"
I couldn't help the weary smile that overtook me, "There's only beauty and radiance when it comes to the ever-living Oryon Makedon. Whenever you're ready, I'm here to listen to what you are keeping tucked away in your mind, in the meanwhile, I'm on your side, as your ally. A friend, Oryon. I can be your best friend and your lover. Would you like that? Will you let yourself want that? "
How bloody can love be?
I said and his face, when we had sex earlier, what I wish was making love, he looked ragged, violent, more so than usual. Mild, strong but not himself. Wrestling with demons like he was fighting the pleasure he and I were both feeling, ignoble in this frightful flight. That is how he looked now.
The one thing I ever wanted more than breathing rejected me with his coldness, his silence, once more and I let him. Because I had fallen in love with my secret. With my damnation. But why must god make, create something so beautiful, so grand if at the end will tell me "No, do not touch, he is mine".