𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

-HER-

As soon as we were done dealing with the Drakkons, I didn't waste a single moment to change back into my fighting gear and return back into the heart of the valley where the war between the two brothers was raging.

I did my best to reach there as soon as possible because I needed to make sure that Ezekiel was winning. Although, we didn't go right into the war first. We climbed the mountains which were surrounding the war grounds to assess the situation in the war ground first.

We stayed on the mountain heights for almost twelve hours, keeping an eye on all the activities that were going on down into the valley. I needed to prepare before I could even step foot there because it was Ezekiel's brother we were dealing with.

From what I gathered by watching both the armies, Ezekiel and his lycans weren't necessarily having a good time down there and the sole reason for that was the Balthazar had more lycans on his side. Though even after being undermanned, Ezekiel and his lycans were fighting with zeal but that wasn't going to last for long.

Even though Ezekiel had warned me, again and again, to not fight in this war, I realized that I might have to interfere at one point otherwise Ezekiel would lose terribly and I didn't want that happening.

If Ezekiel losses then he will not only lose this war, he will loose his whole kingdom. Even though I despised all the ways by which he ran his kingdom, I didn't feel like it would do any better in Balthazar's hands.

After keeping an eye on them, I was finally able to find the strengths and weaknesses of Balthazar's army. Balthazar had almost ten thousand of his troops waiting just under a mountain on the other side of the river. They were excess troops and as soon as the number of troops decreased on the battleground, more of these troops would go there and wreak more havoc.

Though here's the twist.

I had positioned myself on the same mountain under which the troops were waiting. Lua was with me. The rest of my wolves were scattered around the mountains, watching the war and waiting for my order.

"We need to take them out all at once," I told Lua as I eyed one of the Generals who send a hundred more troops on the other side of the river where the war was going on. Ezekiel was fighting tooth and nail even though he was losing so far.

"I have an idea," Lua told me before she reached inside her bag and pulled out a smelly sack. A frown climbed on my face. I wanted to puke my guts out at that moment but that smelly sack had something that was more valuable than gold to us at that moment.

My eyes lit up as I took it from her.

"Don't look inside it," she reminded me and I nodded.

"Do I drop all of these all at once?" I asked her.

"Yes,"

"Wouldn't they burst?" I asked.

"As far as I know, they shouldn't burst so easily,"

"Let's make it rain then," I commented before holding the sack upside down and emptying it in the air while having my eyes closed. For a moment, nothing seemed to happen but then we saw it. There was some confusion in the camp as the troops gathered to look at what had dropped from the sky but it was already too late.

When the last movement in the camp had died down, we carefully climbed down the mountain and assessed the area to make sure that no one here was alive. We avoided the basilisk eyes by staying away from the smell.

"I wonder what's happening there now," I muttered more to myself as I glanced at the other side of the river. Lua was standing behind me, examining some bodies but I was sure that she'd heard me. There was some tension in the air.

"Are you going to go there?" She asked me a bit hesitantly. I'd only said that I would interfere indirectly but going there would be interfering directly. Ezekiel's warning flashed in my head again and again.

I wanted to go there but at the same time, I didn't want to mess anything up. But my hands itched. I couldn't sit here guessing while he was out there doing only God knew what. I wanted him to win in this war so desperately.

"Yes," I finally answered. A tense silence was all I got from Lua before she finally came along with me.

All my wolves were alerted as we entered the battleground. There's wasn't an inch of snow here that was left white anymore. Everything was red here and dead bodies laid everywhere. I started fighting the first water lycan I saw.

I had to give it to them. They were stronger and faster than me because I was just a she-wolf but I didn't let that falter my confidence as I slew a handful of lycans and threaded further deep into the battleground, looking for Ezekiel.

I didn't find him but I found Tryfon who was severely injured yet he was somehow fighting a lying. As Tryfon fell to the ground with a bleeding gash on his thigh and stomach, the river lycan raised his sword to kill Tryfon but I intervened even before he could swing the sword.

Meanwhile, Lua dragged Tryfon to a safe place while fighting lycans on her way. The situation was more gory and brutal here than I could have expected.

I was soon able to spot Ezekiel. His situation was worse than Tryfon. He had several wounds all over this body but still, he managed to fight his brother. The two of them were too busy dealing with each other to pay attention to what was going on around them.

I was about to approach them when I felt something sting my thigh and before I knew it, I was stumbling down to the ground. Pain shot up my thigh as I realized that I'd been shot by an arrow. Before I could roll away or guard myself, someone delivered a strong blow to the back of my head, knocking me out of my sense.

Though before I could fall completely unconscious, I heard a familiar female voice chime, "Hello, daughter-in-law,"