Chapter 2: The slumber party

Charles pulls into the parking lot of their house and everyone steps out of the car. Kayla pulls Kate inside and gives her the grand tour. Later that night, all the girls were in the guest room, having a great time. "I'm having a blast!" Kayla cheered. "Hell yeah!" Raven hollered. Then she went to the bathroom. Kay then noticed a spider on Kate's shoulder. "Kate...Don't move." She whispered as she tried to kill the spider with her fire powers but ended up burning Kate's shoulder by accident. Kate felt the agony of her burnt shoulder. She screamed in pain as Charles rushed in and to her side, helping her calm down. Kayla felt terrible and was crying. Raven entered the room and saw Kate in pain and Kayla crying. She realized what happened and tried to comfort both of them. "My bestie's a mutant...?" Kate asked. Everyone nodded. "We...uh...are all mutants..." Kayla says. You would think that Kate would've been freaked out. But, She was happy.

 But, She was happy

Kate looked at her burn and she healed her shoulder, which left everyone shocked. "Everyone's a mutant??" Raven said in shock. Kate nodded then everyone looked at kayla. "I'm sorry, Kate...And I'm so sorry Charles..." She says sincerely. Kate smiles lightly "It's ok, I know you didn't mean to hurt me." Charles looks at his sis. "Of course I'm not mad. You just don't know how to control them yet, that's all," he says, sensing that Kay was worried that he was mad at her. everyone explains and demonstrates their powers except for Raven.

Kayla: Elemental powers; earth, wind, fire, water/ice

Charles: Telepathy, high intelligence

Kate: Telepathy, telekinesis, healing

Raven: shapeshifting

Raven looked down. "I refuse to show the real me..." she says as she goes to the door. "Goodnight." and just like that, she was gone. Kayla turned away. "It was fun until...until I ruined everything with my powers..." she says sadly as she rushed to her room. "Sis, wait! You didn't ruin anything!" Charles sighs out of sadness. Kate looked at him. "I'm thinking that you took care of both of them?" she asked. Charles nodded. "I was 3 when Kayla was born...That same day our father left...then our mom...made me chose between her or Kayla. I chose my newborn sister. I was pretty smart at 3...like I was as smart as a 5-year-old when I was 3..." kate felt terrible. "Ravens technically our foster sister...It was funny how we met her..." Both kayla and Charles remembered that very night.