Chapter 4: Kate's Parents

The next morning rolled around

The next morning rolled around. Kate woke up and fell off of the bed, almost forgetting that she stayed at her best friend's house. She went to the mirror, removed the bandage, and fixed her hair. Kayla was in the kitchen, looking very tired as she put her head on the table. Raven was in the bathroom, taking a shower and Charles was on the couch, reading. He then glanced at Kayla. "You ok over there?" He asked, flipping the page of his book. She shook her head in response. "I couldn't sleep at all...All the bad memories came back..." He sighed, placing his book down, and walked towards her. "I'm sorry...I know I didn't help last night...You were hurting. Is there any way I could make it up to you? Like the mall?" Kayla looked up at Charles and nodded immediately. Charles smiles. "Alright." Kayla's eyes lit up. "Really??" He nodded. "Yes. Anything for you. Do you want to go when Raven is out of the shower and Kate's up?" She nods. "This will be amazing!" With that, Kayla went over to Kate and smiles. "Bestie, we're going to the mall!" she says, touching her shoulder. Kate jumped at the contact. "Ow! That's my injured one..." She says, rubbing it slowly. Kay backs up sadly. "oh...sorry...." She looked down.

" She looked down

"It's ok. So what's this about a mall?" Kate asks and Kayla smiles. "Charles is taking all of us to the mall." She smiles at her bestie and then frowned. "I'm gonna have to go home first." Kayla's eyes widened and her ears went up. " I've seen your wounds, Kate. Stay with us...They treat you like garbage." Kate was shocked. How did Kayla know? "What do you mean? Everything is fine. We may have our moments. But it's all good!" She lied. Kayla shook her head. "No, it's not...My parents treated me the same as yours...C'mon...You can tell me anything."