Chapter 3: Meeting Raven

It was a cold December night, the snow was falling fast and smooth. Kayla was in complete awe of the snow and the season. She was 7 at the time and Charles was 10. Kay wanted to play in the fluffy snow, even though it was late. "Charles! I wanna play in the snow! It's so fluffy!" Kay said, jumping up and down at the door. Charles goes to her. "I'm sorry, Kay, but it's late and you need to go to bed." She frowned. "You know it's my favorite season." He sighs. "we can go outside tomorrow, ok? You need your sleep so you can be a big girl. Kayla tried to give him the puppy dog eyes. "I'm really sorry, little sis. Please come with me upstairs and--" Something loud interrupts him.

When Kayla was about to check the sound, her brother held her hand quickly. "Stay behind me," Charles said calmly. They both entered the kitchen to find....their mother? Charles was uncertain and still kept his baby sister close to him, she was the only family he had and he wanted to protect her. "Mommy...?" Kayla said with worry and confusion. Charles gripped his little sister's hand carefully as their "mother" asked, "what are you two up this late?" Kayla was still confused. "you're never this nice...you're usually mean and yelling..." The woman got nervous. "I'm really sorry, sweetie. I'm just really tired. how about I read to both of you?" Charles wasn't buying it. "Our mother hasn't set foot in this house nor kitchen in years. Who are you really?" Kayla goes up to the woman. "Hey..you seem like a nice person...I think you mean us no harm. Please show us who you really are. I can tell you're different...like me and my big brother."

The woman closes her eyes and changed into a little girl about Charles's age with greenish-yellow eyes, blue skin, and red hair. The siblings gasped. They were surprised to see another mutant. "I thought Kayla and I were the only ones...but I'm glad to see there are more. The little blue girl was scared. "what's you're name?" He asks calmly. "Raven...and you guys?" she asked them. "I'm Kayla Xavier, the youngest and that is Charles, my big brother," Kayla said with a smile. Raven was about to leave until Charles offered her food and a home. He could tell that Raven's parents were just like his and Kayla's parents. Kayla told her that their parents left a day after she was born due to her elemental powers. Charles had the option to leave with their parents or stay with his baby sister, he chose to stay with her. After a moment of thinking, Raven decided to live with them. They all hugged as the flashback ends

@BlueAutumnTV motivated me with writing this chaptr