Chapter 5: The Mall

"I think he disowned me...He actually disowned me like I was nothing...Where am I gonna go now? I don't have enough to get my own place yet." Kate panicked. "Shh...It's ok, Kate. You have us. Right, Kayla, Raven?" Charles says, still keeping his eyes on the road. "Yeah...If I caused this...I'm so sorry..." Kayla looked down. "It's ok...It's not like he's ever threatened me before." Kate wipes her tears away. "I feel so terrible...I ruined everything again..." Kayla said, holding her arms. "I keep messing up..." She added. "Kayla, this isn't your fault. Her father was bad to begin with." Charles, says pulling into the mall parking lot. Kayla looks at Kate. "C'mon, let's go in." 

Kate was silent as she got out of the car

Kate was silent as she got out of the car. Ravn had a bad feeling about the tension. "You should spend time with Charles..." Kayla spoke up, then sped walked ahead of everyone. Raven glances at Charles, which causes him to feel uncomfortable. "Why are you staring at me like that?" He asks, causing Raven to sigh. "Time to be the bigger sibling." "I already am?" Raven wanted to slap him. "Why are you so stupid sometimes...Go talk to Kayla. She needs you right now more than ever. Since you started talking to Kate again, Kayla's been feeling off. Maybe take a step back from Raven for a little bit." Raven says, looking at Kayla. Charles furrowed his brows. "That's kind of selfish,Raven. I can't just stop talking to Kate for no reason." "I'm not saying forever, just a few days until kayla calms down. You want Kayla to be happy, right?" Raven asks. Charles sighed. "You're right, Kayla is more important...I'll back off." He walks over to Kayla.

Kayla sighs sadly as she sat alone in the food court

Kayla sighs sadly as she sat alone in the food court. Her bear ears go up when she heard foot steps. She looked up to see. "Charles?" "Hey sis...Is this seat taken?" Kayla shook her head in response. "You can sit there. But...I thought you were with kate?" Charles looks at her as he sat down. "About that...I've realized I haven't been such a great brother lately..I shouldn't be focusing on Kate so much. I need to be there for you....my sister...my family. Just like old times." Kayla hugs him. "I Know big bro...You looked so happy though...It's like like you found your soulmate. You know, like the stories you used to tell me about growing up." Charles sighed. "I wouldn't consider her my soulmate. Why are you so down?" He asks. "I feel like I'm ruining everything. I've been making things worse.  I hurt Kate on accident and then today. All i hear is mom and dad yelling at me." Charles hugs his sister. "First and formost, Kate was already in a bad enviorment to begin with. Two, you didn't mean to hurt her and she knows that. I know that. And as for our parents, they are no longer in our life. Things have been better since they've been gone. You have to try to let go of the past. They can't hurt youanymore...Take a look around sis, you have made it. You have a loving brother an an amazing best friend over there. Plus you're about to graduate an get your degree in a few weeks. You have it all!" Kayla smiles. "You're right! Thanks, big bro!" She hugs him back tightly. "Happy to help, but one more thing. Give Kate time. She's gonna be upset for a while." Charles states and Kayla nods.

Kayla then sees a woman watching her and her brother

Kayla then sees a woman watching her and her brother. Kayla asked if she needed anything but she ran away quickly afterwards. Kayla ran over to Raven and Kate. "Guys, you won't believe this!" "Believe what?" Raven asked. "This woman was watching me and Charles and then immediately ran off without a trace." She explained. Both girls started laughing as Charles walked up to the 3 girls. "Why is kate laughing?" Charls asked. But before Kayla could answer, Raven speaks up. "Would you rather see her sad? How dare you!" Charles was too stunned to speak. "I'm kidding!" She laughed. With that, all of them went shopping and then after a while, Kate and Kayla got coffee at the food court. Kayla ses the woman and this time Kate sees her too. "I see her. Let's get the others and go." Kate whispered and Kayla noded.

" Kate whispered and Kayla noded