Chapter 2

Hiii!

Next part up and ready for ya!

Need some feedback guys!?

A.H 

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2 

'Jacob's butt'

Drumming my fingers against the arm of Lenny I frown at my lack of ability to get comfy. I’d tried the star fish, the leg tuck and the face plant. Nothing worked.

Molly, I knew I had to make things right with Molls, I hate seeing her upset like that especially when im the cause.

Grabbing the leaflet of the hall way desk I walk briskly out the door hoping to keep my nerve. Slamming my truck in to reverse I peel out the street on a mission.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

“Hey, can you tell me where I can find Doctor Vale?”

Walking up to the reception desk the leaflet still in hand, I sent a smile to the receptionist who looked up at me briefly.

“Doctor Vale is busy; I can give you a number to ring for an appointment.”

She passes me a thin white card with my dads name and number on it and I tilt my head to the left. My dad had a business card? Cool.

“Oh no, I am his daughter Ace.”

I pass the card back to her and she looks at me doubtfully. I don’t look much like my dad and I never come to see him in work so I can sort of understand her concern.

“His full name is Derek Grant Vale, widowed, three kids drives a black 4x4 with tinted windows?”

I send another smile as she raises her eyebrow at me.

“I.D will do.”

She says pursing her lips at me. Oh, why didn’t I think of that? I fumble around in my pockets and pull out my driver’s license.  Handing it over I blush slightly at my stupidity but she just scans the ID on to her computer.

Passing me visitors pass with the added embarrassment of my name and driving license photo on it she grunts and points in the direction of a hallway. Thanking her quickly I walk the way she told me.

“Taliah?”

I spin around at the voice to find an old man in a gown standing there looking frail. I stare at him slightly as he stares back at me silently. Crap im going to have to tell him im not Taliah. I lift my hand and wave awkwardly.

“Uh no im Ace, sorry I uh got confused.”

I say quickly, Ace and Taliah? They don’t even sound the same damn it! But his face doesn’t register he heard me; he continues to stare as I notice him holding an IV with a bag of clear liquid. He is nil by mouth.

“Do you want me to take you back to your ward?”

I ask politely hoping he will refuse. My social awkward ways include old and sick people. I’ll mention death or graves or something and end up causing a riot. His eyes brighten as he nods his head. Oh damn.

“Okay, do you know what ward you stay on?”

I ask walking towards him, he turns to walk in step with me and I see a naked back and bum. My eyes widen. He had forgotten to put on his pants! I am also awkward to nudity, even more so than usual.