Chapter 3

Hiiii!

Uploading the first five chapter shoping to get the ball rolling!

Fingers crossed!

A.H 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3 

'What you mean fired?'

“What do you mean fired?”

My voice mirrors shock and anger as I stand in front of my manager him too busy looking at his own reflection to even face me properly.

“Sacked, Let go, dismissed and so on.”

He speaks whilst sending himself a kiss in the mirror; I frown disgusted at his vein ways. I pull my apron off and throw it at his face anger building up in side me. I have never ever been fired.

“Stuff you Jackson, I was the best damn waitress in this shitty place.”

I kick a chair over as I leave through the customer entrance of the café I had working in for almost three years. This is not good news; I rely on the money to pay my rent. Even though my land lord is my dad and I only pay a couple hundred a month, I have never missed a payment.

Walking down the familiar street I begin to feel a little bit helpless. I hate job hunting, interviews make me nervous and I end up creating my trade mark word vomit.

Crossing the street to where I know an alley leads to a bar which won’t ask about my day and will allow me to get incredibly drunk and avoid accepting my now unemployed state.

Is drinking the answer? Yes.

Following the road I stop walking and groan out loud.

“You have got to be shitting me!”

I say to myself all ready feeling the familiar awkwardness coming up. I fidget unsure whether I should carry on walking of go hide in the dirty alley to my left.

Keeping my head down I carry on walking forward hoping to avoid any embarrassing moments if I can, tripping on a small crack on the sidewalk makes my invisible technique falter as I let out a small scream.

“Ace?”

I stop walking, well no such luck there then.

“Yale?”

I put a smile on my lips. Right keep to short sweet answers; nod your head if you can. Yale walks the small distance between us another man walking slightly behind.

“Are you stalking me?”

He asks and I look up at him hoping I can reply coolly. No, I panic.

“What? NO!”

I shout a little bit too loudly I smack my hand over my mouth and roll my eyes.

“I mean no, are you stalking me?”

I ask, feeling the words roll of my tongue easily. There! I am not always a blundering idiot!

His lips twitch in amusement as his friend makes a coughing sound. Yale looks away from me for a moment to the man beside him.

“Ace this is Nate.”

His introduction was short just a name, Nate holds out his hand and I look at it wondering what to do with it. Shake, he wants me to shake it. I grasp is quickly and I think I just caught a break he didn’t seem to notice.