What's this? Plot advancement? No, never...

(Tw: Small mention of a panic attack from witness' perspective, Small panicked thoughts about abandonment and feeling replaced, Brushing off of panic attack, Dream is a jerk, mentions of (false) character death, slight manipulation, attempted manipulation, small mention of past abuse, Dream is a Jerk with a capital J)

Grian was very lucky that Mumbo was present, otherwise his cover would be blown by now.

His hands dig into the taller man's suit, his breath hitching as Tubbo panics. Mumbo holds him closer, and Grian knows that Mumbo is confused and he's going to have to explain to him after this, but he's grateful in that moment that Mumbo was so understanding about his secrets.

Once Tubbo is calmed, and Philza is holding him and Ranboo (Why Ranboo too? When did Ranboo become part of Philza's flock? Why couldn't Phil have held Tommy the way he was holding the Enderman?), Dream speaks.

"Sorry for that little outburst, everyone. Tubbo has bad experiences with fireworks, is all. That sudden one must just have startled him." Grian scoffs, scowling softly. He can tell that Dream was pissed off again, likely at the outburst, and if Tommy was hearing right, Ranboo's chirping and show of instincts. Dream never liked that, Tommy knew.

He had the scars to prove it.

Then, Dream started again. "At any rate, we're here to, as I'm sure you've been told, raise awareness about mental health, and how many people are hurting secretly. We unfortunately lost a young member a few months ago, Tommy. Philza was his father, Techno and Wilbur his brothers, Tubbo his best friend, and Ranboo also had a good relationship with him.

I never got to meet the boy truly, due to extenuating circumstances, but I wish I had so that I could have stopped him. Tommy was sixteen at the time."

Everyone's faces seemed to fall, emotions crashing and feeling pity for the "dead" child.

Tommy knew what Dream was doing. Garnering pity, and through pity he would gain favors and allies. Well, Grian could play that game too.

"I didn't know the Dream SMP was a hardcore server. Sorry for your loss." This was it, Grian thought. The first straw.

Dream's fists clenched, and Tommy could tell he had cracked the man's story as the others nodded, their sadness for the strangers falling away to confusion.

"Well, it's not so much hardcore as limited respawns." Dream tried, but Tommy's words had worked as intended. "Then how many times had the kid died for him to use his up already at age sixteen?" Mumbo asked, and Grian squeezed his hand thankfully.

"I'm sure that we shouldn't speak of this so bluntly with the family of the child present. It likely isn't helping them grieve." Dream covers up, flailing for an out. X clears his throat.

"Very well then. This meeting is dismissed, but the SMP members will be staying for a while, until either Dream thinks that another server is in need of help, or until we move seasons, most likely the former. Have a good day everyone, and please try to remember that we have guests, so please at least do less pranks."

Everyone disperses, and Mumbo demands to go with Grian to his base.

Mumbo deserves an explanation.