Chapter 4: The Surprise!

Izuku woke up to his painfully annoying alarm. He picked up his phone and held the urge to throw it. Then he hit snooze on the alarm, putting a shirt on from his drawer. 

'Oh yeah, Mina said to meet her in the common room for the surprise' He thought. Mina indeed did have a surprise for him, a good one at that. She also had a bad one though. Izuku headed out of his room and took the elevator to the 1st floor. 

Bing!

The doors opened and he stepped out rather excited to see what Mina had planned. He didn't get many surprises, so when he did get one he was always excited. Izuku looked around in the common area and saw everyone waiting for him. 

"Surprise!" they all shouted in unison.

It was a little party for Izuku. They always did these for everyone in the class. Even for Mineta, although reluctantly.

"Happy birthday Midoriya!" class 1-A announced.

He took out his phone confused and looked at the date. 

It was indeed Izuku's birthday, July 15th. 

"So it is my birthday today" He said amused.

"You forgot your own birthday Midoriya? That's not very manly" Kirishima questioned disapprovingly.

"Well we've been doing a whole lot of hero work recently so I didn't really have time for it" Izuku exclaimed.

"Exactly that's why we're here to party!" Mina shouted catching everyone's attention.

The party was a blast and they had rave music, a birthday cake and even a dance show. The class switched it up as always for each party so it was always a unique experience. 

The evening was filled with activities like beer pong but with juice instead, a dance off that was choreographed quite well and last but not least singing happy birthday. Other than that it was just talking to people and having a good time. 

Just because Izuku wasn't popular didn't mean 1-A didn't want to hang out with him. While everyone was partying to the extremely loud music Mina began her approach to Izuku. 

"We still need to talk about Nejire buddy" Mina whispered into his ear.

Izuku jumped at the sudden noise and nodded his head awkwardly. She left him alone not wanting to spoil his night of appreciation. The night went on after eating his green cake made to look like his head. It had its qualities, but looked pretty funky.

As the time neared 9pm people started to go back to the rooms and call it a night. Even if it was Izuku's birthday, they had school tomorrow. The green haired boy went back to his room as well but he wasn't done yet. He grabbed his phone and unlocked it frantically. Izuku was rushing since he couldn't be outside of his room for more than one hour. 

He opened a group chat named: Best Buddies (by Nejire of course) and started typing.

Izuku: Hey guys! I know it's late but can any of you still hang out?

...

No one responded and after a minute of staring and his phone his dropped onto the floor and laid on his bed. Izuku sighed from not being able to see the most important people in his life on his birthday. 

Ping!

Izuku shot up falling off the bed to grab the phone, still covered by his sheets. 

He read the message before his eye's.