Chapter 8: Aftermath

Nejire was quite concerned for the green haired first year. She had never seen him break down like that. She always thought that he was strong but even the strongest fall some times. Currently Nejire was in the elevator, Mirio and Tamaki had already left on the 3rd floor so now it was just Nejire. Slowly but surely she was going up. 

Bing!

The doors opened and she stepped out. Nejire was worried herself, not only about Izuku but the class mate that was going to spread what happened. The next day would most likely be labelled as a target. Fortunately, work studies were for the next two weeks now after the weekend which meant she could spend time with Izuku without something bad happening.

Nejire walked inside of her room, closing the door behind her softly. She walked over to her bed and laid down on it. She was tired, but still awake.

 'I hate it when people treat Izu like that' she thought.

Her feelings were only growing stronger for the young freckled boy and she wasn't sure how to feel about it. The thought of getting rejected and ruining her friendship with him was a terrifying one. She curled up into her sky blue hair and close her eyes, falling asleep shortly after.

_____________

Izuku woke up to a pounding on his door with a massive headache. 

"Coming! coming..." he spoke groggily.

Izuku opened the door to reveal Nejire standing their super stressed out. 

"Woah, what's wrong?" he asked her.

"Your meanie of a classmate didn't lie! They told everyone! Now the entire school thinks we're sleeping together!" She exclaimed. 

Nejire wished that was true, so did he. Izuku was mortified. He knew this was going to happen but was hoping Mina was just bluffing. Izuku buffered before saying,

"Come in"

Nejire sat down on the bed in her pajamas. She didn't want to stress Izuku out because of what happened last night. He sat down next to Nejire shortly after closing the door. Her royal blue iris' were like looking into a trance of beauty.

"We can't do anything about it right now Neji" Izuku said comforting her.

"What's with the nickname?" she asked.

"I thought it sounded cute. If you don't mind me calling you Neji" He answered.

She liked that name and pink tinted her cheeks lightly. Nejire decided she would use the nickname she had for him. 

"I like it, Izu" Nejire replied back.

"I thought you might" he chuckled in reply.

"Perhaps we should just take our minds off of the whole gossip thing"

"We should just spend the day out with Mirio and Tamaki, that always cheers us up!" she exclaimed after some time of thinking.

"I'd like that" Izuku responded.

"OOH! I know this really good Ice cream place that infuses it into a milk shake, they're so good!" 

"Sure!" 

"I'll text Mirio and Tamaki to meet us at the cherry tree" Nejire thought aloud. 

Big 3 plus Izuku group chat:

Nejire: Meet at cherry tree, we're going for ice cream! 

Mirio: Be there in 5 minutes

Tamaki: I'll get there when I get there