Chapter 8

I don't know how long I've been in the water... An hour maybe? The night was still young and I had to find mom. I wasn't gonna give up. Suddenly I found a cave and tried it out. I swam up to the opening and looked inside. There in a metal cage was a woman who was fairly young with blue scales.

"Mom." I whispered.

I looked for Oceana but the only other person I saw was Starla napping in a chair guarding my mother. I got out of the water and began to walk to her. Suddenly I heard a noise and I hid behind a rock. I peaked over slowly and saw a red headed lady, Oceana. She walked up to Starla and scared her.

"Are you kidding me?! You fell asleep? What if someone came in here?!"

"I'm sorry I haven't slept in days."

"Whatever it doesn't matter."

Oceana looked to Melody, my mother. Melody looked sick. She was pale, weak, still beautiful but, she was dying.

"So..." Oceana began as she walked to my mother. "How does it feel to be on the bottom for a change?"

"What are you talking about?"

Her words, her voice, so beautiful, calm, strong.

"For years you have kicked me under the bus! The day I thought I killed you... I found out that you lied to me!" Oceana said to Starla. She began to walk to Starla upset. "You! You were supposed to have my back, but all you did was put a knife in it!"

"Stop yelling at her!" Mom said to Oceana.

There was a long silent pause. Then mom looked up at Oceana and spoke...

"What did you do to my daughter?"

"Ha!" Oceana laughed. "Why do you want to know now? You've never asked before?!"

I saw Starla get up and walked behind Oceana.Keeping her distance of corse.

"Do you know where she is? Did she live?" Oceana questioned

"I... Don't... Know..."

"No, she should have died years ago."

Oh how my blood began to boil. She truly hated me and all for what? Because she wasn't queen. Because she is jealous of my mother.

My attention went directly to Starla. She looked like as if she had another vision.

"Starla what is it? What did you see?" Melody asked sweetly.

Terror was on her face. Did she know I was here? Maybe she saw that my mother would die?! Oh how I wish I could read minds. Why couldn't that be my power.

"Well?! Spit it out!" Oceana demanded.

"It's nothing, your boyfriend wants you."

"Mark's back already?!" Oceana said as she left.

As soon as the coast was clear Starla came to me.

"Nixie! Are you crazy?!" She whispered loudly.

"I'm sorry I just had to find her. What's wrong with her? Why does she look sick?"

"Oceana is trying to dehydrate your mother..."

I immediately ran to my mother.

"Mom!" I said as I tried to touch her through the bar. The bars reacted and it shocked me.

"Ouch!" I screamed.

"Nixie?!" I mother said softly.

"Mom!" I repeated with tearful eyes.

"Nixie baby, you have to get out of here!"

"But mom, don't you want me here?!"

"Oh, of corse I do but, you're not safe here."

"Nixie," Starla said cutting through our conversation. "you have to go Oceana's coming back."

"No! No mom I won't leave without you!"

"Nixie listen to Starla, I'll see you again very soon. I promise."

I began to walk to the water and I looked back one more time. Tears ran down my face. My heart was broken. But I was determined for one thing and that was to get revenge on Oceana and make her pay for what she has done.