049 "Party At...?"

{Your P

{Your P.O.V.}

Killua had called Kurapika to know if it was time to head back to my house.

"Yeah, we're all set up. Unfortunately Marcie won't be able to be there, she has work."

"What really? I thought she'd be able to make it since she helped get everything set and ready." Killua said over the phone, he put Kurapika on speaker so that I could hear him.

"I know, and she won't be back until 12 O'clock." Kurapika replied, his voice was a little weak.

My main focus was now on Marcie, she doesn't really work that late. Something that Marcie didn't exactly mention was who she was working for.

'What if she's working at a club?'

I shook that thought out of my mind almost immediately when Kurapika said "She's working for some child, I think she's a babysitter."

"Oh thank goodness...I thought she was in some other kind of business!" I said to Kurapika over the phone.

"...what kind of business?"

"Never mind that— do you think you can drive us somewhere tonight? Around nine or so?" I asked in a sweet voice hoping he'd say yes.

"Ha. No. I'm busy, after Akemi's party I'll need to stop by and help Marcie run some errands on her first day of the job. She has to pick up a cake and food for the kid she's babysitting." Kurapika replied in a sluggish tone.

I sighed and looked at Killua who also sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Guess we're gonna have to ask him." Killua mumbled and rolled his eyes, he was talking about him.

Killua hung up the phone and started to dial a few numbers, a few moments later there was a grumbling noise on the other side of the phone.

"What do you guys want now?" An annoyed tone rang on speaker.

"Could you possibly take us somewhere–?"

"Fine. Where to, and when?"

Yes.

Killua and I stayed at the park for a little longer and soon went to my house to meet up with the others for Akemi's party.

"Wanna surprise her?" Killua asked me as we walked hand in hand up the porch steps.

"How? Would we sneak up on her and scare her?" I asked and peaked through the front window. I didn't see anyone in the house.

"Who plays things like that? It just randomly happens." A light voice quickly spoke in my ear, I flinched and did a 180.

"Hehe– I surprised you good!" Akemi smiled and went in front of me to open the door.

The living room and Kitchen was decorated casually and that was about it, there was steamers and balloons all over the place.