Ghost

Phil arrived in the middle of the night and saw Tommy in the hospital bed with his brothers on his side.

Wilbur was holding Tommy's hand while Techno was gently holding Tommy's hair. If they were at home he would 'aww' and hold on to this memory for his existence, but they were not at home.

They were in a Goddamn hospital, with their youngest in pain. He came closer and put his hands on Tommy's chest. Trying to see the damage. When he was about to heal Death stopped him.

"Phil, stop." Death said, holding his hand.

"I need to heal him." Phil said desperately.

"Phil, you need to take his soul. I know it's hard for you, but understand this. You can't completely heal him and I can't help it either."

"Why not?" Phil asked despite knowing the answer. Death answered him regardless.

"Because when you ask me if you can have Tommy, I let you have him. Which means I can't take his soul, nor interfere with him."

"So what? If I don't take his soul he won't die. We can wait until doctors do something, I am sure they can do something, I am sure they-" 

"Phil!" Death snapped. "That will damage his soul, if it gets damaged he will turn into a ghost. Then he will never know peace again. He will wander around the hospital for eternity, waiting to get healed."

"But-"

"There is no buts Phil. Being a ghost is not something anyone should go through." Death cut Phil.

They stayed in silence, the only sound coming from the IV.

"What if I find a heart for him then?" Phil broke the silence. "What if he gets healed. Then can he stay?"

"I am not letting you take anymore souls without their time."

"I didn't mean that. I am gonna go and find someone that is about to die. And bring them here."

"And how are you gonna do that?"

"Leave that to me." And Phil flew through the door, Death right at his back.

"No, Phil wait!"
______________________

Ring... Ring.... Ring...

"Hello?" Techno said, picking up his phone. His throat was so sore and his voice was so rasp that he flinched from it.

"Techno, where are you guys? I am at your house and nobody is picking up the door? I have been knocking on the door for 20 minutes now." Puffy said from the other side.

"Give me a sec."

Techno breathed for a second and looked to his right to see Wilbur. He was sleeping on top of his shoulder. He slowly lifted Wilbur's head from his shoulder and left the room. He didn't want to wake neither Wilbur nor Tommy, even though he was pretty sure Tommy wouldn't wake up soon.

"Hello? Are you still there, Techno?"

"Yes, I am. It's just." Techno took another deep breath before talking again. "We are at the hospital."

"Say what? Why?" Puffy said with shock. "But all of you were healthy? What happened all of a sudden?"

"Tommy... Puffy, Tommy is not okay. Doctor said he has a hole in his heart. He woke up choking blood in the middle of the night. I don't know what to do Puffy. They said he needed a new heart but people wait for a heart for mouths and more. I don't know what to do Puffy." Techno said. Tears coming down his cheeks. All the emotions burst out suddenly.