058 | single fright femAle

"It was there the whole time?" Aria asked when Spencer explained to them how Pastor Ted, the guy Hanna's mom was seeing, found the tapes Spencer had thrown away the night of the bell tower

"Yeah, Hanna is freaking," Spencer told them, "She is terrified of what Jenna is gonna do."

"I thought that we were backing off the whole 'Noel and Jenna are the A-team," Aria said, but her concentration was on some papers she was looking through.

"Doesn't mean they can't do any harm," Isabella said.

"I am," Spencer stated, "But Hanna won't listen to me and - are you?"

"I'm sorry, I'm-" Aria cut herself off, "I'm just trying to figure out a way to say happy birthday without the 'happy'."

"Birthday?" Isabella and Spencer suggested.

"Yeah, Ezra is not in the mood to celebrate - and he's obsessed," Aria explained, "He's convinced that he's ruined Maggie's life."

"And Maggie is the girl he impregnated and then his mother paid her to make it go away?" Isabella asked for clarification.

"Yeah, why is he still thinking about his high school girlfriend?" Spencer asked.

"Probably because I pushed him to," Aria said, mostly frustrated with herself, "God, I just - I just wish that there was a way that I could get in touch with her."

"That's a terrible idea."

"Dumbest idea ever."

"No, no, no," Aria tried to protest.

"Aria that is a new level of a terrible idea," Isabella interrupted her, "Stay out of it. It's none of your business."

"It's my relationship, Izzy," Aria said firmly.

"Yeah, and I'm not saying this because I'm rooting for the guy - but digging around in his past will only harm the present," Isabella told her.

"I'm sorry, it's just - we can't move forward until he does," Aria said bitterly.

That's when they heard a loud giggle and when they followed the sound they saw Cece in one of the hallways, handing out some kind of flyer.

"What is she doing back in high school?" Spencer asked.

"I think she never left," Aria said as the bell rang.

"Izzy, come with me," Spencer said as they stood up gather her things.

"What? No," Isabella shook her head, "She's your brother's ex-girlfriend, not mine. My brother's only ex is Hanna and I'll gladly spend time with her."

Spencer ignored her and grabbed her arm, dragging her with her as she practically jogged through the school. They exited to see Cece pinning a flyer to the board outside the main entrance.