061 | this is A dArk ride

"Give me a hint," Hanna told Spencer, attempting to get a clue about what the latter was planning on wearing for the Halloween Train for the hundredth time

"I will not give you a hint," Spencer said, "We made a deal. You'll see my costume tonight at the party."

"But what if we end up wearing the same thing?" Hanna pointed out.

"I bet my life on that you won't be wearing the same thing," Isabella scoffed, walking slowly beside her friends. The pain in her stomach was definitely still there but at least she was out of bed rest. She missed the couch.

"Look," Hanna made one last attempt, "I'll give you a hint if you give me a hint."

"No hints," Aria said firmly, "We said that we're gonna pick somebody from a movie and we are all gonna surprise each other."

"Whose stupid idea was that?" Hanna asked.

"Yours," the other girls reminded her.

"Em, are you sure you wanna do this thing?" Spencer asked Emily who had been very quiet.

"I wanna do this. I need to do it," Emily told them, "I want something big and splashy to mark the whole before-and-after of everything."

"Symbols and ceremonies?" Spencer added.

"And plus there is a mystery live entertainment," Aria continued to add to the list.

"Eh, how come Emily gets asked if she's up for this but I don't?" Isabella asked.

"Because we now you aren't," Spencer nudged her playfully, but gently because it wouldn't take much to push her over at the moment.

"I thought the only upside of almost dying was that you didn't have to go to stupid parties wearing stupid costumes," Isabella grumbled.

"I have to get to the dentist," Hanna announced.

"How is Caleb?" Emily asked Hanna.

"He is getting better," Hanna answered, "It was easier when he was in the hospital though. Now he's got out and we have to go under the radar."

"On behalf of myself and Caleb, we are sorry us getting better has caused your life to become more difficult," Isabella rolled her eyes, "You could just pretend that you are coming over to my house to hang out with me, you know."

"Are you sure you wanna go to the ghost train?" Aria asked the blonde.

"Yeah, otherwise I'm stuck with my mom and Pastor Ted handing out candy to rug rats," Hanna snorted.

"Your mom and Pastor Ted?" Spencer asked, a little surprised.

"Yeah, they are getting pretty domestic," Hanna's nose scrunched up.

"I'd tell her to go for it," Aria said, "My moved on."

"Yeah, and Dad is so pleased she found a boyfriend with the same name as him," Isabella snorted, "But he got a few plus points for making good coffee and pastries."