Rae + OC: Passing Notes

{Rachell's POV}

So it's been six weeks into my senior year at college and I have fallen completely head over heels for the girl I sit next to in my Botany class.

She's your typical badass looking girl who could probably beat you up if you glanced at her the wrong way. But at the same time, it's the absolutely hottest thing ever. Like she's gorgeous and she doesn't even have to try!

What gets me the most about her is her rings. Holy shit, her hands were made for rings and her fingers...

 Holy shit, her hands were made for rings and her fingers

Anyway...we chat a lot during class actually. It's a pretty easy-going class, the professor is super chill, the rest of the class is super chill as well. We make a lot of TikToks, a couple of them she's been in. Many people in my comments say that I have to ask her for one of her rings to see if she likes me back and honestly, it's the cutest thing ever.

Before class, I wrote on an index card saying...

As I took my seat next to her, she smiled over at me, not taking her eyes off her laptop screen

"Hello, Rachell," she husked. She's the only one besides my professors who call me by my full first name. I don't mind it all, it makes me feel special to her.

"Hi, Kouvr!" I smiled right back at her. "How'd you do with the reading?"

She shrugged her shoulders, tapping her fingers lightly on the table top probably thinking about what to type next. "It was okay. Dyslexia makes things difficult but I managed."

"Wait, you're dyslexic too?!" I gasped in genuine shock. I haven't met anyone else who was like me.

Her smile grew wider as she finally took her eyes off the screen to look at me. "Yeah! Heyyy dyslexic gang!"

I giggled at her and pulled out my phone and the index card. We made some more small talk before our professor came in. She began our lesson and I was beyond bored so I opened TikTok and chose to start a new video.

I zoomed in on the card before cutting it. Flipping the camera, I made a fake pained look before ending that part too. Once again, I flipped the camera around and did a quick zoom in of Kouvr who was paying attention to the lesson. For the next part, I showed the card again but this time, I filmed myself sliding the card across the table toward Kouvr. I tapped her on the shoulder to make her see the card. I sneakily taped her reading the card, a devious smirk now playing about her lips. She put the card down and pulled out a pencil from her case. I saw her make a check mark but it was too far for me to see which box she chose.

But next thing I knew was as she slid the card back to me, there was her ring on it too. It was the one she wears on her pinky which I'm sure is way too big for my pinky. We've compared hand sizes on TikTok before and that's what prompted everyone to think we're dating and the ring suggestion.

I couldn't help the smile that snuck onto my face. I looked over at her and she was once again looking at the lecture, but she still had a smile on her lips. Rolling my eyes, I slipped the ring onto pointer finger, considering that was the only one it fit on. As soon as I put the ring on, though, I saw Kouvr slide her hand closer to me, her fingers spread open. I looked at her with confusion before whispering her.

"Huh?"

"Hold my hand, you idiota," she whispered back as she stifled a laugh.

"Oh," I breathed in realization.

I laced my hand in hers, our fingers interlocking. I smiled at the feeling, enjoying the moment. I scooted my chair closer to hers and leaned my head on her shoulder. I glanced down at my phone and saw that I still had a few seconds left I could squeeze into the TikTok. Turning the camera on us, I had to let her hand go real quick to both film and show that I now had one of her rings. But I also showed how I was leaning her shoulder knowing full well what the comments were gonna say about that.

Before long, the class had ended and everyone was packing up to leave for lunch/break period.

"Hey, Rae! Me and the Amigops were gonna go out to the pub! Wanna join?" my best friend who is basically my brother Thomas asked me.

"I would to, Sykk!" I called him by his nick name. However, I saw Kouvr out of the corner of my eye look down at the ground, fiddling with her now empty pinky. I tilted my head in confused before realizing that maybe she was gonna ask me if I wanted to go with her. "Uhh, actually, I would love to, but I promised Kouvr I'd hang with her this lunch break."

"Oh, okay! That's fine," the slightly younger boy replied. "Next time?"

"For sure," I smiled at him before lightly punching his shoulder. "I'll see you around!"

"Bye, Rae! Have fun!" 

As he left, I saw Kouvr step closer to me, a smirk on her lips as always. "You know, it's not nice to lie to your friends."

"Am I wrong though?" I giggled at her.

"No, you're not," she ran a hand through her mane of hair before smiling genuinely. "So? Would you like to go out to lunch with me?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

***

@ valkyrae
she said yes! 😂💍 #itworked #shescute #sheputaringonit #girlfriends #fyppppp

❤️ 1.8M
💬 356.2k
⤴️ 198.7k