Rae + Y/N: Room for Both

Request!

• • •

{third POV}

To say Rachell has been acting strange lately is pretty much an understatement.

Rae has very much been acting weird.

And Y/N has taken notice of it.

The Y/H/C girl has been trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong with her girlfriend. It wasn't until the recent Roomie Cooking Stream that Y/N pieced together what was the matter.

Rae was jealous.

Once upon a time, early into their relationship, Y/N had taken note that Miyoung and Rachell were really really close with each other which led Y/N to ask her girlfriend if there was something going on between the two. Laughing it off, Rae reassured the worrying girl that there was nothing wrong, that they were only friends and that they were kidding around with each other. Soon thereafter, Y/N picked up on the jokes and saw that truly they were only friends.

Fast forward to now, Y/N is putting together that Rae is feeling the same way she did when she was concerned about Miyoung and Rae's relationship. Y/N has been spending an awful lot of time with Rae's fellow housemates, obviously just trying to get to know them better since she is dating their friend. Yvonne and Sykkuno has built the best relationship with the newcomer but Y/N has been getting along well with Leslie and Miyoung too.

Thinking hard, Y/N ran a hand through her mane of hair and knocked on her girlfriend's door. There was a brief moment of silence before Y/N turned the knob and entered the room. On the other side, Rachell was curled up in a ball on her bed, hiding under the covers.

Just to add fuel to the fire, Y/N smirked to herself and paused in the doorway before she spoke. "Well, if she's not here, I guess I'll go hang with Sykk and Yvonne and—"

"No!" Rae's tired voice rasped from under the blankets. "Stay here, please?"

Already predicting her answer, Y/N shut the door and slipped her shoes off, leaving them at the door. She meandered over to her girlfriend's bed and let herself under the covers. She pulled Rachell flush against her and squeezed her tight. Rae rolled herself over and buried her face in the other girl's neck, tucked underneath her chin.

"Rachell," Y/N was the first to speak as the two were now settled. "I know you're jealous, my love."

Rae cringed at herself and scooted closer, if possible, to the girl holding her. She buried her face further into her girlfriend's skin, wishing she didn't feel the way she did. "Can you blame me? It's like your friendship with them means more to you than your relationship with me."

"Rae, I'm only hanging with them so I can get to know them better," Y/N spoke calmly. "I just started dating one of their close friends, they know virtually nothing about me. Doesn't it make sense that I should try to befriend them so I get their approval of dating you?"

Again, silence consumed the two lovers. The streamer let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and pulled back from their embrace a little, propping herself up on her elbow. She stared into Y/N's Y/E/C eyes and smiled almost sheepishly.

"I guess you have a point," she finally admitted. "And you're right, I am a bit jealous. I guess...I don't like sharing your attention. I like when it's just on me."

Y/N chuckled and pecked the smaller girl's forehead. "Don't worry, love, I'll share my attention evenly, but you only get my special attention. There's room for both you and your roomies."

Rae laughed a little now too. "Good. I love you, Y/N."

Y/N sighed contently, "I love you too, Rae."