Rae + OC: Worries

A/N: CPressy23 see? I told you 😏😉⬆️

• • •

{Rae's POV}

Avery Urban.

My God, there is no one more attractive than her.

How on earth did I get to date her?

"Rae?! Are you coming down for dinner?!" Leslie called out to me. "Yvonne made soy sauce chicken again!"

Smiling, I was closing out of some of my tabs before I called back to her. "I'll be down in a minute!"

"Leaving so soon?" I heard Avery ask through our Discord call.

"Why don't you come over for dinner?!" I excitedly asked. "Please?! It's been forever."

I heard Avery sigh on the other end of the call. I knew she was smiling but I also knew she was shaking her head at me. "I wouldn't want to intrude..."

"You wouldn't be, I promise," I smiled hopefully. "Please, A. I wanna see your pretty face."

"Fine! Only because I want to see yours too," Avery smoothly replied back.

"Yay! I'll see you soon then!"

With that, we hung up our call and I shut my computer down before heading downstairs to meet with the rest of my roomies. Avery lives about twenty-ish minutes away from us so she should be here soon.

Anyway, as I made it downstairs, I was greeted by Yvonne handing me a bowl of soup.

"Hey, Rae! Did I hear that your girlfriend is joining us?" Yvonne asked with a polite smile.

"Yeah, if you guys don't mind!" I answered.

"I love Avery! I'm glad she's coming over!" Leslie smiled as well. "She's so funny and I absolutely love her music! Plus it helps that she's easy on the eyes."

Before I could say something about Leslie's comment, Miyoung came walking into the kitchen with Sykkuno. "Wait, Rae, you have a girlfriend?"

With a proud smile, I nodded. "Yes! Her name is Avery. We've been dating for about two months now."

"How come I never heard of her, hmm?" Miyoung pressed on, obviously curious.

"You haven't heard of Rae's famous singer girlfriend?!" Sykkuno asked in his funny way.

"She's famous?!" Miyoung laughed.

"Well she has had a few songs that have topped the charts and she collaborated with some big name singers so I'd say she's a little bit famous," I also laughed.

The doorbell halted our conversation. Excited, I set my bowl down at my spot at the table and ran for the front door. I threw the door open and lo and behold stood my girlfriend on the other side.

"Avery!" I happily greeted as I tackled her in a hug.

The blonde let out a chuckle as she wrapped her arms around me, returning my hug. "Hello, love. It's good to see you again!"

Smiling wide, I buried my face in the crook of her neck. "God, I've missed you so much," I mumbled against her skin.

I felt Avery kiss the top of my head. "I've missed you more, my love. But it's only been like a week or so."

I picked my head up and pouted at her. "That's way too long."

"I was recording things, Rae," Avery chuckled again.