Chapter 5

We were on the expedition to the Little Palace more then maybe a week.Because we need to go on different roads secretly or in other time we need to pass through the town square.
Me and the general doesn't talk after our ride before a few days.I was feeling so lonely without my sister and best friend.Maybe I was a third wheel,and it was something again.
I miss her laughing and her clumsy part.She was the better person between me and her.I always feel a little bit jealous from her,but I never show it.First of all,she looks like our mother and I looks like our father,I mean more ravkan and this is supposed to be good but it reminds that me and Alina will always part always from other,second of all she's more beutiful with long curly brown hair and chocolate brown eyes,and I was with straight brown hair a little bit under my shoulders and green eyes partly actually they had four colors in them green,brown,yellow and blue.And third,I was always jealous with their special relationship with Mal,maybe just maybe I like him,a little bit but JUST a little bit.And if I need to be honest,she was supposed to be on my place.She's always be the sun and I was always in the shadow.How someone who never believed in saints or grisha is maybe equal to the Darkling?!
I just stop thinking about that because as much as I think about that my mental health's getting worse.

I get out of the carriage to see the new place where we need to spend the night.And I saw something I never believe i will ever seen.The general sitting and laughing with his people from the second army around the bonfire.Our looks stuck together for a minute but I broke the eye contest because I was too tired for his games right now.

I go a little bit farther and sit on a stump.I was eating my dinner quietly and watching into the flames of a bonfire and feeling the gust of a wind.I was just sitting there and
existing.

-Can I sit here?-someone ask me and when I picked up my head I saw the general standing there with tired face looking down at me.If I can say I saw a little bit fun in his eyes.
I made a little gesture to him that he can sit.
He sit down next to me,our knees was touching through the sides.

I take a deep breath and let it out.

-I will ask you again.When you were tested?
-I cheat.We hide and when they found us,I hurt my hand while they were test my other hand.
-Why?Don't you wanna know if you were grisha?-he asks and could see the flames reflects from his deeply brown eyes.
-No,I was totally different and I didn't want to be obvious that I'm more different than now.-i said a little too emotional.-But I think now it's irreversible.-i said and a ironicall laugh get out of my mouth.

We were sitting there again in a comfortable silent.
-Ask me.-he said and I turn my head to him.
-What?
-Whatever you want,but you have only one question.
I was think about so much things I could ask him,but the only thing what leave my mouth was:
-How old are you?
He just look at me surprisingly.
-I don't know for sure.
-What?How you don't know how old are you?-i was in full shock.I didn't give him more than thirty I mean,just look at him?!
-One hundred and twenty,plus-minus.
-Lol you live a lots of lives,didn't you?
-Mhm.
I just look him in his eyes,in them has something like a pain.I don't know that The Darkling has feelings.
-And how old are you?
-Twenty-one,plus-minus.-i said and we too laugh.
-With my stones on my head,huh?-i ask and a little smile run through his face.
I prefer to change the topic.
-You are alive muska,right?-I ask and,again he look surprising at me this starting to be annoying.
-Yes.From were you know that much about grisha?
-If I told you that I specialized two years grisha's philology,will you believe me?
-Wha-really?
-I was interested about that type of...person's but I interrup to get a part from the first army,because of Alina and Mal.
-Your sister and the...tracker.-he said last part a little aggresive or I just thought it?
-Yes.-i answer to him.
And we were again in a silent.I prefer to say something this time.
-Doesn't you scared?
He look at me with his beutiful,deeply chocolate brown eyes.I can melt right here,and right now for him.
Melisa!I need to stop reacting at him like that or I won't be stay undefiled to the day I need to marry someone,or more like when my virgin ass is not that scare for the next step.
I shake my head to get out of my absurd thoughts,like he would ever want to have something different relationship with me.
-From what?-he asks and I can see his look,like trying to get into my thoughts,ha good luck with that general.
-The fact that everyone wants you dead.-i get back the topic.
-You get used to it.-he said and then get up and start to go away but in the half way to his tent he turn half of his head to me.
-Good night,miss Starkov.-he said and continues walking to his tent.
I was just sitting there and looking after him.What this man makes me...

I continue with eating my dinner.I've always comforted myself with the food.I wasn't a model,the beutiful skinny girl from the fairytales.I'm not fat but I'm not thin in the other way I could say that I'm normal,because im 5'2 and 56 kilograms.I was never the girl who made boys fall for her,I was the girl who fight for her life.And when other girls on my age was in hunting for their new husband,I was on hunting to find myself.

Hello to everyone who are still here and reading my book!I would try to update as soon as I can because the school doesn't give me much free time.And again I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes!

M.A.