{9}

The Student Forum

Attention!-
Due to the influx of interest in joining 'The Dinosaur Club', we will be accepting applications this week. If you would like to join the club, you can pick up an application on Monday from room 231 after school. The application will need to be in by the end of the week.

Co Leader- Kang Taehyun

Taehyun carried the big pile of applications through the busy school halls, until he reached the club room. Carefully placing the stack onto the front desk, he was surprised to see that no other member had shown up. Not even Beomgyu, who was always there.

Settling himself on the desk, his crossed legs caused a smile to form on his face. Beomgyu always sat like that, he wished the boy was here next to him. He hadn't seen him since Saturday, he wondered if he was ok. 

It wasn't long before people started showing up, one after another, the stack of applications slowly got smaller. Taehyun liked speaking to the potential club members, but it was tiring, so he decided to text the group chat. He didn't want to do this alone.

The Dinosaur Club

Me

Is anyone coming to the club room?
Sent 6:21

Kai

I can't, stuck in art club sorry Tae
Sent 6:22

Me 

Anyone else? Yeonjun? Beomgyu?
Sent 6:22

Kai

I saw Yeonjun leave earlier
Don't know about Beomgyu though
Sent 6:23

Me

No worries, thanks Kai
Sent 6:23

"Excuse me, I'm here for an application."

Looking up from his phone, Taehyun spots the handsome boy from the school fair, alongside two, just as arguably, good looking boys.

"Oh is that three?" Taehyun asks.

"Yeah, we're all here to apply." Juyeon smiles.

"Perfect here are your forms, they're due by the end of the week." Taehyun says, passing the boys the forms.

"I'm Lee Juyeon by the way, I never got to introduce myself." 

"I already know-" Taehyun gasps, covering his mouth with his hand. How could he say that? That was so embarrassing.

Of course he knows Juyeon, everyone knows Juyeon. He walked around school with the biggest aura, it was impossible not to notice him. He was handsome, funny, smart, the whole package really. 

A smirk creeps across Juyeon's face, his friends just roll their eyes. "I'm glad."

"I'm Choi Chanhee, and I'd like to firmly ask for an end to this ego stroking." Chanhee pushes Juyeon aside, taking a seat next to Taehyun. 

Taehyun knew who Chanhee was as well. He was the most desired boy in school, everyone and their mother wanted a piece of him. Too bad he had extremely high standards, rejecting anyone who dared ask him out.

"Ji Changmin, nice to meet you- oh I don't know your name." Changmin bounced over, scrunching his nose when he realized he didn't know the boy in front of him.

 Yet again, Taehyun knew Changmin. He was the 'weird' one of the group. Known for his biting and extreme love of Chucky. He was actually still very popular, leaving every person wanting to know more about him.

"I'm Kang Taehyun, president of my class, and co leader of The Dinosaur Club." 

"Wow you've got to have practiced that, you sound like a politician." Chanhee cooed.

"I get that a lot." Taehyun chuckled.

Juyeon peered around the room, soon noticing the lack of other people. "Where are the other members? Like the one who nearly bit my head off."

 "Some are busy, some...I'm not sure." Taehyun awkwardly scratches his nape.

"They sound rude, how long are you meant to stay here?" Chanhee pouted, feeling second hand annoyance.

"Um I think another half hour, then i'll just leave the pile here for anyone to take."

Changmin hoped onto the desk, smiling brightly at Taehyun. "We've got some free time, we can stay with you."

"Oh you don't have to-"

"We'd like to." Juyeon pulls one of the chairs out, sitting backwards on it. "You can get dinner with us after."

Taehyun blushed a little at the sentiment. These guys who he had only dreamed of speaking to, were all being so nice to him. The time passed really quickly, now that Taehyun had company. The half an hour was already up, the three boys headed down first, while Taehyun packed everything away.

"Hello?" A familiar voice echoed in Taehyun's ears.

Standing by the door was the girl from Saturday, Taehyun didn't feel like he could look at her.

"Hi." The boy mumbled.

"Do you know where Beomgyu is?" She asks.

If I did, I wouldn't tell you- Taehyun thought.

"No sorry." Taehyun rushed to pack his things, then swinging his fully packed bag over his shoulder.

"I came for an application." 

Taehyun bit his lip, grabbing one of the applications from the pile. He swiftly turned to face the girl, who looked just as pretty as on Saturday.

"Here." Taehyun said, handing her the form.

"Thanks. If you see Beomgyu, tell him Karina's looking for him." 

"Sure."