Chapter 2 : Friends

He was hoping to dream about his treasured memories again after the mortifying first day but unfortunately he didn't and woke up feeling like he'd rather just stay back home.

He'd reluctantly made his way to school on the second day but much to his surprise, the group of guys that were laughing noisily on the first day, had approached him and he hit it off with them.

He couldn't have been more glad about making such good friends.

Inuzuka Kiba, who was the loudest of them all, was very friendly and he was the one who approached him first - very noisily so.

Nara Shikamaru, was not that talkative but was apparently way too good in academics. He was childhood friends with kiba.

Akemichi choji, was light hearted and fun to be with, but always got called out in class for sneakily trying to eat snacks during classes.

Sabakuno Gaara, looked very scary but was super kind and caring, he was the one who took care of everyone like an older brother.

It's only been a week but he already felt so much at ease with those guys, and he couldn't have been more thankful for that.

(A/N : In case you've forgotten the places they were seated in, here's the seating arrangement again-

-hope this makes it easier to understand❤❤❤)

Now, he was sitting on Gaara's seat and was facing the red head who was standing next to him.

And as usual, he stole a glance at Sasuke, trying not to be too obvious about it.

Gaara who was standing next to him was luckily blocking Sasuke's view of him so he was able to stare as much as he wants now.

Or so he thought.

"you sure stare at him a lot, huh", shika who was laying his head on Gaara's desk with his seat pulled up next to it, said very causally.

Catching the attention of Kiba and choji who were chatting away and Gaara who was already looking at the blonde with smirk on.

Naruto coughed, trying to cover up his blush, "W-what?!", he shuttered.

Kiba grinned like a wolf at the blonde, while choji munched on some chips with a teasing smile.

"Whaaat?!", Naruto whined, but they just laughed it off, really loudly. Even Gaara and shika were chuckling.

Shit.. How did they figure it out..?!

Naruto decided to ignore them. It was self study now and they were being too noisy so the class rep, Hyuga Neji, told them off.

Gaara apologized for them and changed the topic to make them quiet down.

He couldn't have been more thankful to Neji's intervention and Gaara's quick thinking.