Chapter 10:

💚💚💚Every P.O.V💚💚💚

Deuce bounced his legs excitedly as he checked the time on his wall clock. It was 7:18 on a Sunday morning. He frowned and rolled his head to the side and popped it. Once the audible crack was released, he turned his head to the opposite side to do the same thing. It was time for him to call you, he decided.

He stood from his livingroom recliner and marched up the stairs to his bedroom. Excitement filled him again. What would he call you for? Maybe to see if you're awake? Offer to make you breakfast? Offer a lunch hangout? He shook his head. Those weren't urgent enough. Maybe he'd ask you to a party? Or maybe he'd ask about the project due date again? He frowned and shook his head again. He had already asked for the due date too many times!

Oh! Maybe he'd ask about your night! And if he was lucky, you'd still have your morning voice! He felt his body tremble, and he smiled before lifting his phone. No, maybe he should let you sleep in. He had lots to do in this free time, anyway. He could look at your social media pictures again! Or he could look at your list and do more research! He always did like to prove himself useful to you.

He groaned. If it weren't for his lack of sleep the night before, this would have been much easier! But it didn't matter.

He clicked on the call button beside your icon and waited. Every ring his phone made, his dread became more embedded into his gut. He hadn't thought about what to do if you didn't answer!

After a few more rings, the phone clicked. He stared at it. You had answered his call!!

"'Ello?" Your groggy voice came through his speaker. He held back a chuckle at your cuteness.

"Hey, you up?" He asked.

He heard the phone shuffle before you groaned. "No, did I miss school?"

"No! No, I just wanted to see if you were awake or not." Deuce smiled.

You scoffed. "Oh, yeah, totally awake now. Thanks buddy."

Deuce chuckled. "Okay, miss cranky. You wanna come over for breakfast? I can cook you something. Then we can hang out and go for lunch? Then come back and cook the food for our project on Monday?"

"Uhm, I like sleeping a lot...maybe we can skip breakfast and meet up for lunch?"

"You can sleep here while I cook." He offered.

"I don't know...that's a lot of walking around for me to go right back to sleep."

"Oh, well maybe I can cook at your dorm?"

"I don't have a kitchen, remember?"

"Right!" He thought for a second. "I know! I'll cook the food here then bring it to your dorm!"

"Ugh, fine." He heard more shifting before a muffled clicking. "The doors unlocked."

He choked back a giggle. "Thanks!"

"Mhm. See ya then."

The phone beeped, signaling that you had hung up. He stood up excitedly and ran to the kitchen. What would he cook for you?

***

Deuce stood outside your dorm's door with a plate of food. He fought with himself internally.

Do I knock?

She said she'd leave the door unlocked for me.