Chapter 1:

You sighed as you shoved your (H/C) hair out of your face. Homework was never an issue, until it came to one class: Home Ick.

You were good at it, you'd admit, but homework for a cooking class?? Seemed a little bit too much for your liking. But who were you to judge? You had gotten a scholarship for Monster High, anyway.

After being one of the few who knew about Monster-Kind, you happily accepted the offer to transfer to Monster High to further the peace amendments. It didn't make your situation any less scary, however, as you were on your own in a dorm building.

At least you didn't have a roommate.

That would've been sucky...

Homework!

You tried to regain your focus before it drifted to another subject. You couldn't help it! Staring at recipes was never a good way for you to spend your afternoon.

I should bake something....

Your frown turned into a gleam as you imagined all the different cakes you could make. Home Ick would have been your favorite subject if it weren't for the fact that baking wasn't an option, only cooking dinners and breakfasts and quick lunches for lessons.

Your sweet tooth didn't appreciate the class's discrimination against sweets, so with that thought in your mind, you stood up to grab your keys.

Your brain had decided; you needed to visit the local bakery.

You smiled as you made eye contact with a spider monster leaving her dorm room before returning the bored look to its place. You were positive that you were the laughing stock of the school, so when she giggled after you passed, your subconscious checked your smell, then your reflection in a reflective window that you passed.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so you continued your walk to the local bakery.

***

"Yes! 4 chocolate skull cookies, please!" You grinned at the cashier.

He gave you an adoring glance before pulling out the cookies from the rack.

He's a cupid monster...don't cupids think humans are cute?? Like puppies?

You giddily took the box before swiping your card. He flashed you a wide smile and winked in your direction.

"You're all set, sweetheart!" He chuckled, and he handed you the receipt.

"Thanks!"

You leapt away from the store and began your walk home. Your fingers itched to open the box, so you did.

5 perfect skull cookies lay in the box. You checked the receipt, just to make sure you only paid for 4.

That's weird...it says I paid for 3...

You shrugged and closed the box, even more excited now that you knew that you had gotten 2 free cookies. Your walking pace quickened, the excitement eating at you to be able to munch on a cookie away from prying eyes.

💚💚💚💚💚Deuce P.O.V💚💚💚💚💚

Cleo barked at me from the other end of the phone, giving me no chances to reply. Instead of dealing with the headache, I hung up the call and put it on silent.

Damn...I still got homework.

I rubbed my face in annoyance and ripped a piece of paper from my binder. Then, I scribbled my name across the top and looked at the assignment I had taken a picture of.

Home Ick?

The frustration fled my being, and instead turned to a joyful feeling. Cooking was one of my most favorite things to do, anyway.

I'd probably get my ass beat for it, though. I joked. Gotta be a big boy now.

I scribbled down recipes and answered questions correctly before shoving the paper in my bag.

Homework? Done.
Cleo? Still bitching.

I pulled out my phone and threw myself on my mattress. Then, I carefully scrolled through a few social media apps.

Multiple girls popped up on the screen, but I never liked their photos. It would just give Cleo something to fuss about, anyway.

My scrolling stopped when I looked at a picture. It was a picture of a (H/C) human holding a giant skull cookie to her face as she grinned.

Oh yeah, that's that human chick from Home Ick! When did we ever become mutuals?

I frowned as I noticed the kind look in her eyes. She must really have liked the cookies. I noticed the small company logo on the box in the background, and I recognized it to be my favorite bakery. It was only a 10 minute walk.

Does that mean that she lives by me?

Curiosity filled me, but one of the snakes on my head nipped at my arm, signaling me to move on from the picture. I huffed.

"Fine."

I flicked the snake, sending it curling back up on my head. Another one gave me a disapproving look.

"Mind your business, then." I replied.

Wow...if she lives by me then that means I've probably seen her on my way to school. Small world, huh?

My eyes lit up with a memory. Cleo had screamed at me for smiling at (Y/N) in the halls, all because she was insecure of (Y/N). It cracked me up. Big and bad Cleo is terrified of sweet little (Y/N) taking her spot.

It would be easy to. I don't think anyone would miss Cleo.

You're just saying that because you're mad.

Shut up and let me rant.

I rubbed my face again and tossed my phone across the bed. It smacked the wall before hitting the carpet. I laid my head on my pillow, imagining it was Cleo's stomach before I gently drifted to sleep.