Chapter 9

Sorry it's been a while and holy lord we are almost at 4k reads. Thank you.

Emma's POV, before Ray fell asleep.

Why can't I open my eyes?  Where am I?  I hear crying, is it Ray? And I think he is holding my hand I feel the warmth. I felt a pang as he cried out my name and had felt his tears on my hand

I wanted to wake up, but I just couldn't. I couldn't open my eyes or move my body, I feel pain in my abdomen. Oh right I saved Ray.

I'm glad he made it out okay..

Ray's POV before he had fallen asleep

I hope Emma is okay, she has to live. I need her. My eyes I'm crying? I shouldn't be crying I need to be strong for Emma, but it is so hard to see her like this.

My eyes hurt from all the crying, why did she go in front of the knife? Why? Why did she save me, I wish I was in her spot.

I'm going to rest my head, and I'll stay right by her side no matter what..

It had reached morning and Emma had woken up earlier then expected. She had woken up before Ray had the chance to. Her eyes flutter open, and she sees Ray soundly asleep on her lap.

He was still holding her hand. A smile becomes plastered on her face. She brings her other hand up and starts to play with his hair. She feels a pain in her abdomen, but she discards it remembering what happened.

Ray starts to slowly wake up, and he feels his hair being played with. His eyes flutter open, seeing Emma is the one playing with his hair He decides to stay just for a couple more seconds.

Emma looks at his eyes and sees him awake she starts to have a pink shade of blush over her face.

"Hey Fanta" he says sitting up with a smile on his face.

"Ray!" She replies going for a hug.

"I'm so glad you are okay, I was so worried" he hugs back.

"I'm going to call the nurse in here" he says standing up walking towards the door.

"Hey! Nurse, she is awake!"

"Perfect" she runs in the door

She gives Emma a check up and replaces the bandages on her abdomen. Then she gives Ray the discharge papers.

They go back to Ray's house and get settled in.

Knock knock

It's an officer at the door.

"Hey Is Emma and Ray here?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I just need to ask some questions about the incident"

So Ray brings the officer to the room Emma is in and they proceeded to take a seat. The officer askes some questions about the incident with her adoptive father.

So after a while of asking and answering questions they hear some news..

"Emma your father is no where to be found he was gone from the scene"

Emma and Ray look at eachother in shock, and they are both thinking the same thing.

He is still out there

They both take a gulp and the officer sees himself out.

A bit later...

Ray is pacing around while Emma is sitting in the bed.

"Where you thinking what I was thinking?" Emma says breaking the scilence

"Yeah, I think so"

"He's out there still" They both say at the same time.

"We need to find him" Emma says quite determined "he will hurt more people and the cops will take to long"

"I agree" Ray replies with his hand on his face

He sits down in front of Emma and they look at eachother.

"We have to start thinking of where he would be. He can't have gone to far"

"Yeah your right Ray"

So they just continue to talk and eventually Emma starts to fall asleep on Rays shoulder, and eventually Ray hears a small snore. And he relaxes and eventually drifts off to sleep himself.

With the thought in his mind...

She's okay.

.
.
.

Yo, sorry this was kinda a short, but I did need to get a chapter out and thanks again for almost 4k readers, like that's crazy! Anyways...

Peace out.