Chapter Eight

North:

I lay on my side, looking through the dark watching a sleeping Sang beside me and the soft, even breaths filling the room from my brothers. I can’t sleep though, not with Sang being so close. So close I feel her soft, gentle breaths on my face, even if I am leaning in closer and closer to feel more and more and to inhale the sweet honey scent that clings to her skin.

“I know you’re still awake.” Silas whispers as much as he possibly can in that fucking deep gruff voice of his. He speaks in Greek and I know we’re safe with Sang sleeping peacefully.

I roll over and lay on my back, bringing my arms up behind my head to lean back on them as I stare at the ceiling. “No chance on getting any sleep tonight.” I tell him, switching to Greek too.

He sighs lightly. “Me either. For so long, I have dreamed about meeting her, wondering what she looked like, what she smelled like, what her voice sounded like and now I have, it’s nothing compared to what I had dreamed or imagined.”

“We’re supposed to leave the fucking day dreaming to Luke.” I say, chuckling lightly.

“Even though you're speaking Greek, I know when you’re talking about me, because, did you know that my name is the same in Greek.” My brother’s voice rings through the room, getting higher and higher, louder and louder as he tried to talk through one breath.

“Shut up Luke.” I bark at him, switching back to English. I then roll my eyes. I’m starting to get the feeling that everyone else is awake also. I switch back to Greek so I can talk with Silas. I hear the low murmurs of Luke and Gabe but ignore them. “Even so, I know you're fucking right. I dreamed, imagined and fantasized about meeting her and all that other stuff. Nothing fucking compares to the real deal.”

Silas is quiet for a moment before saying, “Do you think this can work? I know I’m willing to take a chance on losing my heart and never getting it back, but are you? Are the others?” I’m not startled by his question, if anything, he’s just voiced the questions that have been screaming around in my damn fucking head since Sang said she was going to take a chance.

Am I going to lose my heart? Yes, without a damn fucking doubt. I know I’ll be handing it over to Sang and never having it back again.

Do I think this can work? I don’t fucking know unless we try. Take a chance on having what Raven and his lot have with Kayli. Sometimes the dude irritates the fucking shit out of me, even so, what he has with Kayli and being able to share with his best friends, his brothers, is...inspiring.

I mentally laugh. I can imagine Raven’s face right now if I told him he was inspiring. Hilarious moment.

I’m about to open my mouth and tell Silas my thoughts when a small gasp catches my attention. I jerk my head round in Sang’s direction, trying to see through the dark. I wait a moment, watching her as close as I can with little light only to quickly think ‘Fuck it’ and reach for my phone from under my pillow and duck under my covers to turn down the brightness before coming out and illuminating the screen on Sang’s gorgeous face.

A small frown is on her face, her brows pinched together slightly. Her eyes are scrunched up a little and her mouth is open in a O shape. She’s laying on her side and her shoulders are coming up and down as she takes in and lets out quiet deep breaths.