{}Chapter 7{}

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
Alderpaw sighed, "I best be off." he murmured, pressing his forehead against Thrushpaw's forehead. "I'll miss you. . .please be safe." The Windclan tom murmured, as Alderpaw padded to the entrance of the camp. "Kiara, you coming?" He questioned, "Yeah. . .I'm gonna miss Jester though. ." She frowned, standing beside him. That's when he observed how swollen her belly was, "Maybe it's best if you stayed." He mewed, nudging her shoulder with his nose. "What?" She looked at him.

The tom sighed, "You are expecting kits and you are due any day. So it's best if you stayed in Windclan's camp until your kits come, and when they are old enough to travel, you can go back to your home." He explained, Kiara was nodding slowly, in a understanding way. "And maybe while you stay here, you can spend time with Jester or whatever her name is gonna be." He nodded towards Jester, who was conversing with Tawnystar now.

Alderpaw then looked at Kiara, "Alright." She sighed, padding off. He turned away and headed out of camp, not aware that Swiftclaw was his escort once more. "You're gonna miss 'em, aren't ya?" He asked, causing him to flinch. "Yeah. . ." He mumbled, the warrior nodded. "Want me to tell Riverclan that you're still alive? Tonight is the gathering." Swiftclaw asked, tipping his head to one side as he escorted the smaller tom to the border.

"Yeah, but please don't tell them I'm gonna. . .gonna be a kittypet." Alderpaw mewed, this surprised the Windclan tom but he nodded. "If that's what ya want then alright." Alderpaw smiled and turned away, padding away. 'Running away is easy but it's leaving that's hard.' He reminded himself, his heart longed for Thrushpaw but he knew it also longed for the twoleg place. 'I can see him whenever I want as a kittypet. He always goes out collecting herbs.' He reminded himself as he paused at the fence.

He glanced around before climbing up the fence, it wobbled a bit underneath his paws. 'It's so peaceful here.' He smiled, looking at the twoleg den he had found this time, it looked bigger then the others he had seen. 'It's so big!' His eyes widened with amazement as he leapt down in the backyard. 'The backyard is so big as well.' He looked around, seeing a garden of catmint and other plants. 'Hey, at least there's catmint for the medicine cats.' He smiled.

Alderpaw noticed a cat door was wide open for any cats that wanted to come, 'It's like being welcomed into somewhere all over again!' He padded through the cat door, he noticed a twoleg looked a bit upset. He cleared his throat, letting a happy meow. 'I wish I can understand them, but I'm sure I will understand them with time.' He thought, as the twoleg crouched down with a blue collar that had lighter blue stripes. 'Looks pretty!' He commented,

He also noticed a silver tag on it, but it had no name on it. 'I think it knows I'm a wild cat and might be asking me if I want to be their pet. I think that's what's happening right now.' He guessed, before smiling. He then mewed happily, which made him guess that the twoleg smiled. 'And it's a girl.' He mewed again as she placed the collar on him.

He sat down as she started petting his head, she then stood up. He then lifted a paw and poked his tag, causing it to shake. He purred happily, 'I think I really do belong here!' He looked at the twoleg—no—his twoleg with joy. Smiling. His tail waving with excitement.

He really did belong here.

***

It's been five moons, Alderpaw had earned the name, Spice. He was sleeping peacefully in his cat bed, he had made some kittypet friends and he found out he had been living in a mansion. He didn't mind it though, he loved it here. He heard a knocking sound on the window, causing him to wake up from his nap. He also learned everything that was here. He glanced at the window, as he got to his paws.