Ⅳ - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗻 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗺𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮

(this chapter is unedited)

I wake up again to bright lights shining on my eyes. 

"I'm back" I think. I immediately feel around for my pocket knife, If I hid it well enough, I would still have it. My fingers then come in contact with the familiar cool metal. "Yes!" I think to myself. 

I look up to the board to see that 187 people came back. Not everyone, but most of them. I look around to see If anyone I knew, besides 199, came back. 

I see the woman that never named her child sitting alone. She's number 212. "Huh, I wonder if she got to name her child. Pretty funny that she decided to come back." I think.

I then spot a familiar face running across the room. Player 199. I smile slightly, then decide to go down to see him. Once I make it to the bottom, I see him standing with a group of men. That group consists of player 001, player 218, and the same man I left in the cold. I decide to walk away, since It would be pretty awkward to be in a conversation with him after what I'd done. 

As I look around the large room, my attention goes to the walls. I can't see very well, due to the beds on the wall, but It looks like there's drawings of kids games. I decide to walk under one of the bunk bed towers and I see red light green light there, and numerous others. "What do these mean?" I think to myself. 

Then a mans voice comes to my attention. It sounds like he's above me. 

"I'll forget our history, and take you in. Join my team." he says

I look to see player 101 through the cracks in the floor talking to Sae-byeok. "Why would he be trying to get her to join after he's already tried to kill her? He's so dumb." I think. 

"We made a pretty good team before, didn't we?" he says, raising his eyebrows

"You're still bluffing?" Sae-byeok says, leaning in slightly "There are hordes of people out there looking for you. Don't kid with me." I start climbing up, to be able to hear the conversation better

"You can't win in here all by yourself. Don't you see this? Those masked jerks took away the beds of those who died. One mistake, and your bed will be out too." He says, smirking

"Worry about your own bed greasy. She's with me." I say, stepping next to Saebyeok. 

101 scoffs as I say this. "Two women. Ha! This is some joke. We could rip you two to shreds." he says, gesturing to his team behind him, and leaning in. 

"Gentlemen, don't work with this jerk. On the outside, he's picked his underlings' pockets for his own benefit. Then he got bold enough to lay hands on his boss's pockets, got caught, and ended up like this." Sae-byeok says with a straight face. "Wanna know what guys like him are referred to in my home town?" 

Player 101 blinks, looking slightly frazzled. 

"A revolutionary asshole." Sae-byeok spits out, looking serious as the men standing with 101 start laughing. 

"You commie bitch." 101 says, stepping closer to Sae-byeok and I. Sae-byeok pushes her knife out behind her as player 212 steps in.

"Girls and boys. Sorry for breaking into this conversation" She says, slightly smiling. 

"What do you want." says player 101, looking her up and down. 

"Oh, my. You're very handsome." She says as she winks. I have to shove my face into Sae-byeok's side in order to stifle my laugh. This woman is absolutely terrible at flirting.