X - 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗠𝗮𝗻

The walk down the stairs was silent. Everything felt-- off. Obviously walking down these stairs after witnessing multiple deaths would feel a bit eerie, but I just feel like something's wrong.

When we enter the room, there's only three beds left, and the walls are fully exposed. I watch as Sae-byeok walks, more like limps over to her bed.

"Is she okay?" I think. Something in my gut tells me to check up on her, so I do. I walk over to her bed and sit on the edge. 

"Hey, you okay? You look a bit pale." I say

"I'm fine, just nervous that's all." She says

"I can't believe Gi-hun's gone." I say as I move next to her. 

"Me either." She says. She then puts her head on my shoulder and says,"I'm tired."

"Me too. I would go to sleep if it weren't for Sang-woo. I think he's up to something." I say, examining him.

"Yeah, you have a point." She says

Then, the soldiers enter the room. They're holding three boxes with bows on them. 

"Players, we sincerely congratulate and commend you all for successfully making it through the first five games. The three of you are now the finalists and as such, we have prepared a special gift for each of you. Before we reveal the gift, please take a moment to change into the outfits we have brought." The man in the front says. 

The guards then come over to us, and hand us boxes. 

"You can go change first." Sae-byeok says, covering her stomach.

"Okay, I'll be back quickly." I say, walking over to bathroom.

When I walk in, I set the box on the sink and open it. It looks like a suit, with the number 134 plastered on the front. 

I take off my shirt and look at myself in the mirror. To my surprise, I look extremely unhealthy. I'm not the type of person to purposely not eat, I usually only ever did it because I had too, and I couldn't afford food. 

I quickly put the button down shirt I received on, not wanting to look at myself anymore. I try to button it up quickly, remembering that Sae-byeok is waiting. 

When I'm done changing, I try to fix my hair a little bit. I brush through it with my fingers, taking out the knots. Then I just leave it how it was, not wanting to worry. 

When I get out of the bathroom a guard is already there waiting for me. The guard escorts me back to the room and Sae-byeok is waiting at the door.

"You look nice." She says before entering.

"Thanks." I say, blushing. 

----------

The blue danube is playing again. But this time Sang-woo, Sae-byeok and I are seated at a triangular dining table, all in suits. 

A masked man comes behind me and sets down multiple plates of hot, delicious food. Then, he opens a bottle of wine to pour in my cup. 

"Sorry, I can't drink." I say, putting my hand on his arm. The last thing I want is to be tipsy while playing the last game.

"I know. This is grape juice." He says, pouring the drink

I start to feel stupid. They know everything about me, of course they know I'm underage

They lift the cover that's over the plate to reveal a large steak with vegetables. My mouth starts watering as soon as I see it. As soon as the guard leaves, I cut it and take a bite.