XI - 𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗟𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘆 𝗗𝗮𝘆

"Players 218 and 134, welcome to the final game"

Sang-woo and I are standing adjacent to each other, still in our suits. I'm completely ready to kill this man after what he did, he's wearing Sae-byeok's blood as if it's an accessory. 

"Before we begin, we'll flip a coin to decide who plays offense or defense. Please choose a shape, triangle or square." 

"Triangle." I say

The masked guard then flips the coin, and it lands on triangle.

"It's triangle. Please choose offense or defense."

"Offence." I say. The drawing on the wall was confusing today, I should just play it safe. 

"Player 134 will play offense, player 218 will defend." The masked guard then turns and opens the door, to reveal the room we played red light green light in

"For the final game, you will be playing squid game." the guard says, leading us to the center of the room. 

I played squid game a couple times when I was younger, but something tells me that Sang-woo is an expert. 

"Let me explain the rules of squid game. One, the attacker must enter the squid shaped court, run past the defense, and then tap an area inside of the squids head with his foot to secure the win. Two, the defender must block the attackers advance and force them outside of the court's bounds in order to win. Three, if a situation arises, in which either player is unable to continue playing the game, the last one standing will be the winner." 

"A player's unable to continue. Could you explain that?" I ask, keeping my eyes on Sang-woo. 

"That would be referring to the player's death." the guard says "And now, with that, let the game begin."

I walk over to the circle, and I tie my shoes. This would be the worst  time to trip. I take my jacket off and throw it to the side, but not before I take a fistful of sand. 

I then hop on one foot to the side of the squid's neck, and Sang-woo follows. I have to figure out a good way to cross the squid's neck before I try anything. 

"Did you play this a lot as a kid?" I say to Sang-woo

"Of course I did." He says, knife ready.

"Would you play with Gi-hun?" I ask, trying to tick him off

"Shut up about him!" Sang-woo says. He then tries to stab me, but I throw the sand in his face as I cross the squid's neck. 

When I cross, I look up to see that the sky is now gray, and it's starting to rain. 

I circle around and pull my knife from my waistband, gripping it as hard as I can.

"I put an end to her suffering. You know she would have died anyways." Sang-woo says

"Thats bullshit. Quit lying." I say, my wet hair getting In my face. "She could've survived. They would've treated her. You did it on purpose."

"Your just saying that because you loved her. You're the reason I had to kill her. I knew you two would stop all this, so she didn't die in there." Sang-woo says, starting to get angry

"Was that it? You killed her because..this might end? You really are a monster!" I say, tears starting to streak down my face.

"I did! I wasn't going to leave all this money behind so you two could live a happy little life together? You two would've been the majority you needed to get out!  I couldn't go home without any money, I couldn't do that!" Sang-woo yells