Chapter Five

Izuku's POV

It was now ten months before the UA entrance exam. Kiyo, Kiyoshi, Kaori and Hana were all excelling academically, making me confident that they would all pass the written section of the test with flying colours. Screw those elitist bastards, my family was going to destroy them.

Quirk-wise, everyone had improved and worked on their weaknesses. Kiyo was now able to fully shift into any cat he wanted, my favourite being a birman cat (he was just so cute!). Kiyoshi has strengthened his nightmares so that they are able to stay visible for a lot longer. Hana has gotten faster at hacking while also speeding up how quickly she can turn objects into pixels. She even found a way to keep things in one big pixel and then take them out again. Kaori already had a strong quirk, she was more focused on keeping it under control as well as making it strong enough to make people pass out.

I've been gone for months and yet no one seems to have noticed, not that Ass Might would make it public that his son ran away. He was either celebrating that the person he sees as the cause of his pain had finally left his life or frustrated that his punching back had snapped it's chain and rolled away from him.

I could say with confidence that Bakugo definitely missed me. Now he had no one to feel superior over. I was the only one he saw as a threat to his standing due to my intelligence. I could have easily become a hero without a quirk and outranked him and he knew that. Some days when I'm on my way to work, I could have sworn I heard his explosive rage at my lack of presence.

Izumi probably didn't care if I was there or not. She never did. She would always ignore me if we were ever alone. The only way she would look me in the eye was when she was beating the shit out of me. Not giving a damn that her other half was barely hanging onto life in the corner, laying in his own blood.

Fuck all of them. I don't need them. Never have, never will.

I was going to prove how insignificant all of them were. How small their place in the world really was.

It was just a regular day at work. I should probably take time to explain what I do.

As of late, I've been working full-time (previously part-time) at a butler cafe called 'At your service'. As the name suggested, I dressed as a butler and served anyone and everyone that came in. I was simply walking past when the owner - Mr Okamoto - burst out and asked if I was interested in working at the then-new café. Considering how the odd jobs around the neighborhood were becoming less and less, I took the job. Apparently, I had the kind of face and build that was perfect for the job, according to Mr. Okamoto. The pay was really good and the environment was welcoming and relaxed. The other workers were nice as well. The customers were a bit much sometimes, but I could handle them.

Anyway, I was walking back to the Dome from work. I got really good tips today and no one tried to harass me this time. It's happened way too many times by now for me to count. The sun was setting and was almost dark as I set out. It was quiet on the streets. No honking from cars, no fighting, no gunshots. It was as if the world was put on mute.

That was until I got a frantic call from my boyfriend.

I picked up the phone to see what was wrong. He doesn't tend to call unless there's an emergency.

I: Izuku, K: Kiyo

~ On the call ~

I: Hey kitten. What's wrong?
K: We found a guy unconscious outside and he's bleeding a lot and I think he's broken a bone or ten! I can't tell there's so much b-b-blood, please come back quick!
I: Hey, it's ok. Breathe for me, kitten. I'm on my way back right now. Try and keep the guy stable. Can you do that for me?
K: *sobbing* O-ok.
I: Just breathe. Everything is going to be alright. I'll be there in a few minutes.