𝟎𝟏, 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Chapter One.
Accidental monstrous things.

Everyone knows how hard it can be to everything we know to be true changes

Everyone knows how hard it can be to everything we know to be true changes. But sometimes all we can do is accept the way things are, and make the best of that. Hope that when faced with an enemy determined to destroy your spirit, you will fight back and thrive. Hope that you will see again the faces of those you love. And maybe even those you've lost.

Athena sat beside her older sister, Wanda Maximoff, at a table in Lagos. Wanda having been wearing a green baseball cap with and a matching green jacket. Athena was simply in a light blue cardigan that was over her maroon shirt. She used her spoon to stir a pack of sugar into her tea and sipped it as Wanda turned around, glancing subtly.

Today so happened to be Athena Maximoff's first official mission. She was somewhat enthused to be able to use her powers for good, but it seemed to be a challenge sometimes. Athena assumed she'd have her powers damped after she almost burned down the Avengers Tower when using her pyrokinetic abilities during a training session with Natasha Romanoff, Black Widow.

"Standard beat cops." Wanda commented, the others having been listening through the comms they all had in their ears. "Small station. Quiet street... It's a good target." She added, taking a sip of her own tea.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve Rodgers, Captain America, spoke through his comms as he looked down from his view. "Cameras." Athena answered. "Both streets are one way." He told the Maximoff's.

Wanda looked to her sister, wanting her to answer. "So, compromised escape routes." Athena said quietly enough so only the comms heard. "Means our guy doesn't care about being seen." Steve said. "He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out."

"See that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve questioned. "Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda commented. "It's also bullet proof, which means private security. Which means more guns. Which means more headaches for somebody, probably us." Natasha spoke up.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda said as she brought her tea cup up to her lips. "And I can start fires with my mind." Athena murmured, Wanda grinning at her younger sister's comment.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature for you, both of you." Natasha said. Wanda looking over her shoulder, sending a slight glare Natasha's way. Athena only hummed softly as she played with her rings.

"Anyone ever tell you you're a bit paranoid?" Sam Wilson, The Falcon, spoke up as he listened to the girls bicker through his comm system. "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha questioned, Athena let out a slight snicker, but stopped once she heard Steve's voice: "Eyes on the target, folks."

"This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve added. Sam scoffed. "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kinda hates us."