𝟒𝟗, 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐬 𝐆𝐰𝐞𝐧?

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐬 𝐆𝐰𝐞𝐧?

Athena walked alongside the edge of the rooftop. One foot in front of the other. Her arms were out, as she stared straight ahead. Occasionally, having glanced downwards, as she feared tripping over her own foot– not that it would really matter, after all, she was dead. The Other Side had been a purgatory since its creation. Since the beginning. It was always going to be a superhuman limbo. That was its whole purpose. Athena Maximoff, she knew this. She'd been stuck in that same place for five years. Five years, five long years. She had felt every passing day, every minute, every second. And yet, she didn't grow any older. She couldn't. No one could.

She had died at the age of sixteen, and she hadn't been able to do anything about it. Yes, Athena knew how and why she died, and she didn't mind the actual death part of it. She died trying to end a war with the Avengers. A part of her will always be proud she survived as long as she did.

She may have been sixteen, but she'd been that age for years now. It simply surprised her as to how long she was alive with the threats she'd faced with the Avengers, and sometimes, other heroes and or vigilantes. Even if she was nowhere near the main focus of whatever fight was occurring, she was still a big enough part of it to have almost died a countless amount of times. And she finally had now, but she wasn't mad about it. It was seeing those she cared about die the same way she did that hurt her.

It was not knowing what was going on, how the ones who survived were doing. That's what she hated about the Other Side– she remained in tact with all her previous memories, so knowing that it's been years, and knowing that the remaining Avengers wouldn't stop is what made her want the Other Side to collapse. She would have rather died normally, then have gone to the purgatory that only reminded her of what she'd lost.

"Hey, mind getting down from there?" Said Noah, as he walked up to Athena. He had gone up to look for her, as Peter had said she'd left to think. Both Noah and Aspen had already been filled in as to what happened. They hadn't been fully aware, as they'd been taken over by their void personas. Athena failed to mention the part where Pietro was forever gone because of the void, as she didn't want that on their conscience.

As of now, the group had given up on trying to escape the Other Side. Aspen had been inside the apartment with Peter. The two of them having been talking some things over– having made some things clear about Augustine, as Peter hadn't been fully aware of it all before. Noah had wanted to make sure Athena was okay, so he'd gone to check on her. While Lexi strolled around the abandoned city blocks. She'd been thinking about her origin. She now knew of her Daxamite side, but it was a lot to take in. And with nothing else to do, Lexi simply took time to let the thoughts spiral around her head.

"We can't die here, you know that. If I were to fall down, then I'd temporarily die, and come back. Like in Jumanji, where you die, but end up coming back... Only there you had three lives, as it was a video game, but you get the point." Athena told him, as she turned to face him. Noah nodded with a slight shrug. "Fair point, but we don't know that's not not a possibility. We could have a certain amount of lives here, too. Maybe if we reach that limit, then we die permanently. No more purgatory." He then said.