Chapter 6: Why?

I'm sorry :)
-----

Tommy was very sick, he couldn't stop coughing and his asthma wasn't helping with that.

He couldn't keep anything down, he threw up anything he drank and he was always shaking.

Tubbo was kept away from him, he wanted to be there for Tommy, but they didn't allow it.

Just incase.

Phil stayed by his side mostly, Wilbur and Techno would watch Tubbo and the guests.

They all stayed silent, the acassional cries could be heard from the other room, it only made them hide away.

This was affecting Tubbo most, he didnt want to loose what little family he had left.

Sure there's Wilbur, Techno, and Phil but, Tommy was like his other half.

"Wilbur?" Tubbo asked, breaking the deafening silence, "Yes Tubbo?" He answered.

These words seem to have caught everyone in the rooms attention.

"Is Tommy going to die?" Tubbo asked, Wilbur seemed to shrink at the question, the others seemed to hide away too, but someone had to answer the boys question.

"No, I don't think-" Wilbur was cut off by a painful whine from the other room.

"He needs to quiet down, or else we'll have a lot more problems on our plates-" There was a noise outside.

A bang, maybe caused by something alive or maybe it was dead.

"Ok let's barricade the house, everyone grab something big and heavy. There will be no way to get in." Techno hurriedly said, "Karl, can you go help my dad in the other room, tell him whats going on." Techno added on, Karl was confused why he asked him but he nodded anyways.

Karl went to the bedroom, and knocked on the door.

He heard someone say 'come in.' So he did. He twisted the doorknob gently and pushed the door open.

"Whats the matter Karl, you look distressed?" Phil said, he was holding a wet cloth to Tommy's head, trying to keep him cool.

"There have been some disturbing noises coming from outside, we dont know what's going on. We think Tommy may be to loud and their attracted to the noise. We don't know but they're barricading the house as we speak." Karl said quickly, he went to Tommy's side and took his hand.

Phil watched him eagerly. "I'll go help them then, please watch my son." Phil said, Karl nodded and took over holding the cloth to the boys head.

Phil shut the door and locked it, maybe it was for safety, or maybe it was to keep them inside, either way, Karl was frightened.

"Dad...?" A small voice rang out, Karl almost cried at the sound of it.

"Phil had to go help the others, its just me and you kid." Karl said lovingly, Tommy opened his eyes and looked at Karl but then he started coughing again.

Thats when the noise outside got louder, everytime Tommy was in pain the noise grew louder and louder.

Karl wanted to help him, no, he needed to help him.

Tommy groaned in pain, "Tommy has Phil given you any medicine?" Karl asked, Tommy shook his head.

'Why hasn't Phil given him any medicine, maybe they just don't have some themselves.' he thought.

"I'll go get some for you, I'll be right back." Tommy gripped Karl's hand, "Please don't leave, the monsters will get me." Tommy said.

Karls features softened, "I promise they won't, please let me get you some medicine. You'll feel so much better." Karl said, he was going to get some advil from their, well borrowed, room.