Chapter 29

"What do you think of Gabe's makeup?" She asked, turning Sam's head to the side to face Gabriel, who was on the far left.

Sam bobbed his head. "Reminds me of-"

"Don't say it," Gabriel shook his head. He had a feeling he'd be saying that a lot with the both of them today.

"Young Rick Astley."

"I LOOK NOTHING LIKE HIM!"

Charlie cackled, throwing her head back and everything.

"He doesn't even wear eye shadow!"

"Why are you wearing it?"

Gabriel crossed his arms like a little kid. "Because I can."

Sam shrugged.

*     *     *

Charlie rambled on about every little thing that was happening. By the time they hit the ten minute mark in the next episode, both Sam and Gabriel had tuned her out completely. A smile never left her face, even when some of the parts that truly stung Sam's heart were shown.

After a while, they finished the second season. "I thought we were on episode five," Sam asked, seeing the "Season 2 Episode 4" pop up.

Charlie answered quickly, "Yeah, there are only ten episodes per season, told you that you'd get through it fast. You just gotta sit down and watch it, unlike you've been doing, and makin' me wonder what you've been up to."

"Told you there are things you don't know, Charcoal."

"You know what, Gabe? I'm going to sell you."

Gabriel cackled, his face going red with tears. His stomach began hurting as he gasped for air, which left in loud breaths heaved straight from his chest. "I- I don't think... I don't think I'd... sell for much,"

Sam began chuckling from Gabriel's reaction.

"Oh," Gabriel wiped a tear from his eye, sitting back up, "I think I just died."

"Dang," Charlie frowned, "Now you're not worth as much."

The laughing never stopped.

*     *     *

Charlie had to leave after they finished the second season. Sam cradled an empty bowl, previously filled with popcorn, between his thighs. Gabriel ran a stressed hand through his hair, sighing. "Back to work it is, then,"