i. DROWNED

season one

episode one, death by misadventure

HIS fingers tap on his keys, looking at each word to make sure he didn't make any spelling mistakes. Martín was a wise guy you could say. He felt very stupid, but he was a bad kid. Many people stereotype him a lot, thinking he's a nerd who gets bullied.

It's probably his appearance. Martín had been scrawny since seventh grade, but that didn't mean he couldn't kick your ass. He had just moved into a new town with his parents and little sister, one thing he has hated was he has to repeat eighth grade over again.

He was drowned in fresh liquor and had things such as cigarettes, nicotine, and weed for breakfast. He stayed in his room all day, staying on his laptop just to do one thing and one thing only.

Text Jake.

Ever since sixth grade, Martín was decided he liked anybody. He didn't care whom it was, he didn't even want to label any of it.

And it wasn't a secret to his father but it was to his homophobic mother. A few months ago, Martín downloaded a gay dating app on his laptop. He easily knew he was way too young so he backed out, until he got a message request from a guy named Jake.

Martín used a fake name on him, not a fake age though since Jake was almost the same exact age as him. He always wondered what Jake looked like, his profile picture was blank just like his.

But he liked it, it seemed like some type of mystery to him. Pretty soon, they clicked, became best friends over the internet, flirted a lot, told each other everything without knowing how they looked like or were from.

He took a sip from his mixed drink, blasting out Deftones from his radio. He lit up a cigarette, inhaling the cancer stick and letting smoke out.

He looks at the message Jake just sent, "when am i gonna see how you look like?" He read. Martín took a deep breath, "soon, promise." He sent, leaning back in his chair as he took another hit of his cigarette.

God, what was he doing with his life? He's gonna be fifteen in a few days and here he is, blasting a bunch of rock music while getting drunk on a school night.

Everyone was asleep, but his family slept like the dead. There, Martín scrolled through him and Jake's texts. He smiled at them, blushing every time he saw a flirty message.

He really wished he knew what Jake looked like, what he sounded like, yet he knows almost every single thing about him which was just...crazy.