vii. BREATHE OUT.

season one

episode eight, an affair to dismember

MARTÍN sat with Chucky as Junior went to talk to the person who knocked on the door. Once he left, looking all around the house Chucky had taken the two to a house, hearing two women fighting as they walked in. "Thinking is for losers." "Think again."

The girl whom had the knife looks at them, she was on top of Jennifer Tily. "She's right, bro. We need her." Chucky corrected. "And i'm kinda use to having her around." He explains. "Sweet face." Jennifer coos.

"Help her up!"

"Yeah, help me up asshole." She laughs, the girl helping her up. "Get up." "Fuck you, Chucky. Thank you, Chucky. Come to mama, come to mama." She puts her arms out. Chucky runs up to her, Jennifer tickling him as he laughs. Martin and Junior share glances, confused. Suddenly, his phone rings.

It was Jake.

"I'll be back.." He smirked at them before leaving the house to take the call. "Hey Jake, everything alright?" He asks. "Listen to me."

This time, it wasn't Jake. It was a completely different person. "Who is this? Is Jake alright? Lex? Devon? Any of them?" Martín asks quickly, worried.

"You need to leave that house." She explained. "You didn't answer my fucking question." "And you didn't fucking listen to me." She claps back. Martín stayed silent for a bit, looking at the house. "If you care about Jake. You wouldn't be with Chucky right now."

He let those words sink in, looking down. "Do you love him?" A mans voice now asked. "Yeah, yeah I do." He replies. "Then leave."

The phone hung up, Martín gulping as he thought about it. It took minutes, which minutes turned into a whole hour of him just standing there thinking. It might kill me. He thought. "Sweetie! There you are! Thought you ran away."

He turned around to see Jennifer and Junior, "sorry, hung up with Jake a few minutes ago. He's really fucking annoying." He laughed, smirking. "Don't worry, you'll get the chance to kill him soon. Go sit with your cousin Junior in the car, I have to take care of auntie Nica real quick."

shit, did she just say Nica?

...

This was all a game, an illusion fucking with his head. Chucky never possessed Martín, he gaslighted Martín into thinking he was possessed, he heard the voices, thinking they were him but it was Chucky speaking from his vents.