iii. BUSINESS IS BEST

season one

episode three, i like to be hugged

A SOFT sigh escapes Martín's lips as he was looking into his locker. It wasn't until he felt a small hand on his shoulder, Martín turns- seeing Jake. He freaks out a bit, quickly shutting his locker. "Hey." He smiles a bit. "H-Hi.." Martín nervously chuckles.

"You okay?" Jake asked him, realizing how nervous he was. "Yeah no I'm good, just..took an edible so I'm kinda tired." He explains, shrugging. "Are you..okay though? I'm really sorry about what happened with that stupid bitch Lexi." Martín explained briefly. Jake chuckles a bit, "I'm fine. I just..wanted to say thank you."

"For?"

"Punching Lexi, glad everyone laughed and backed away. Seemed like they were scared." He laughs a bit. "Don't thank me, someone needs to shut that bitch up." Martín shrugged. It was quiet, Martín admiring the way Jake looked. "Listen, do you maybe wanna hang out after school today? You can meet me at the park on Ocean?" Heading that question- immediately made Martín freak out.

Martín really didn't know what to say at all- meanwhile, all Jake was thinking was, please say yes or he'll kill you, come on, say yes.

"Yeah, I'll go. What time?" Jake smiles a bit, "I'll text you? I have your number." With that, he walked off while Martín was freaking out as he was high as shit.

HOURS later, Martín was walking around the park- trying to look for Jake. Thing was, Martín didn't even answer Jake at all on the laptop because he already had his number.

He walked around, wondering where the hell he was at. Martín paced, looking around. "Whatever, creep." Martín hears in the distance. He follows the voice, stopping as he saw Junior and Jake.

Martín turns to look at Jake, his heart immediately dropping as he sees the knife behind his back. He knew, he knew exactly what that meant. "Jake?" Martín spoke.

Jake turned around, knowing it was too late to hide the knife. Martín stayed silent, but quickly and suddenly- he spoke again.

"You're taking Chucky's advice?" Oh shit.

"What'd you say?" Jake asked, putting the knife away. "Nothing." "No, you said Chucky. I heard you. How do you know? What? Wait, how do you know?" Jake asks him, freaking out a bunch.

Martín was immediately freaking out, he didn't know what the fuck to say. Don't be stupid. Don't be. "I know..Mickey." What did i just say?