ii. BE QUIET/ DRIVE

season one

episode two, give me something good to eat

IT WAS a Saturday night, there sat Martín with a joint in his mouth- typing on his computer to Jake. No, he hasn't told Jake that his name is actually Martín and he goes to Jake's fucking school.

There was no way. His father died, Martín already knew when Jake texted it to him. He jumped a bit as he hears his door open, turning around as he inhaled the smoke.

Eleañor turned off the metal music blasting from his radio, "what do you think you're doing?" She asks, hands on her hips. "Don't you knock?" Martín shot back as he ignored her question. "Whatever, me and your father are going out tonight. So I need you to give Elena her medicine and tuck her in bed tonight."

"Mom, you haven't done that since we moved here. Don't you think she misses that?" He slammed his computer, forgetting to read what Jake had sent. She then punches Martín, causing him to fall to the ground.

"no te atrevas a levantarme la voz, soy tu madre!" She yells. He looked back at her, not caring about the bloody nose and making his black eye already worse. "Goodbye, Martín."

She slammed his door, he put the music back on to distract himself from killing his own mother. Opening his laptop back up, Jake had sent more than one text message.

please believe me.
that chucky doll is a killer.
he's gonna kill everyone.
please call me when you see
these. please believe me.
please.
hello?
come on.
i like you damnit answer.

Martín was confused, scared, nervous, he got butterflies in his stomach as he read the last text. Finally, Jake typed his number in. But he was scared Jake was easily going to recognize his voice.

He took a deep breath, turning his music down as he began to smoke another joint. Martín dials the number into his phone, putting it up to his ear as he felt anxiety run through his body. "Mickey?"

That's not my name..

"Jake? Are..you okay?" Martín asked, a tone of worrisome in his voice. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just.." He trails off. "Walking outside by myself, in the dark.." Both of them chuckled, leaving silence.

Martín jumped on his bed, smoking the joint still. "The doll?" He asks, remembering what Jake had sent him. "He killed my dad, Mickey.." Jake says quietly. "I'm sorry, love. I would say go to the police but they would think you're on drugs..."

"So you believe me? Really?" He asks, sounding a bit relived. Martín laughed a bit, "of course. It sounds a bit..unbelievable but I trust you." He explained to Jake. "I really wish I could see you, be with you." Jake sighs.

How the hell is he not noticing Martín's voice. "Are you safe, though? Chucky's not trying to kill you, right?"

"More like he wants me to kill people with him." Martín was extremely shocked at what he was hearing. "You're not gonna..." "What?! No, no I'm not.." Jake quickly explained. "Alright, good."

There was silence, which gave Martín the courage to ask him something. "Do you mean what you said in the message, I like you?" Martín was getting anxious as it took Jake a few seconds to answer. "Yeah. I meant it." He responds. Before Martín could say something, his door busted open again.

"Tuck me up!" She exclaimed, crossing her arms. "Okay Lena.." He mutters. "I gotta go, Jake. Okay? Yeah, love you too."

...

DAYS passed, today was the Halloween party and to be honest- Martín didn't even know why he went. He was hoping to spot Jake- but didn't see so far.

Martín thought it was too late, he didn't know how he didn't get the voices confused.. "Martín!" A familiar voice shouts. He turned to see Jake in a panic, "have you seen Lexi?" He quickly nodded a no.

Martín then followed Jake, asking Oliver next. "Oh yeah, she's in there.." He opens the door, waiting for the two to walk in. As they did- Oliver pushes them inside and locks the door.  "Hey! Asshole! Let us out!" Martín yelled, punching the door.

"Five minutes in hell!" Oliver shouted, the kids cheering. "Fuck..." Martín mutters under his breath, turning around and looking at Jake. They put their flashlights on, using their phone. "Jake..your eye.." Martín touches his eye.

"Don't act like you care!" He moves away. Yes, Jake and Martín weren't good on some terms. "Why are you acting like this?" He questioned, making Jake scoff.

"You wouldn't believe me...no one will." He shrugged, shining his light at him. "And the one person who believes me isn't here with me, so."

But he is, Jake.

Martín sighed, easily knowing what he was talking about. "Leave my friends alone!!" Jake yelled, pulling something out of the closet. "Hey! Hey! What's wrong?" Martín looked at him. Jake saw it was a dummy, which easily made him realize.

"Are you looking for a good guy doll?"

When Jake heard that, his head immediately shot up. "How do you know? Have you seen him?" He asked in a hurry. Suddenly, the door opened and everyone was cheering. Martín immediately ran out of the closet, scared Jake was gonna find out.

As they got out, laughter was heard. Jake moved there, he found Lexi. Lexi was showing off her costume and Jake immediately knew what it was. "What is she?" Martín asks. "She's my dad."

He thought it was some shocking man, but he knew that's how his dad died. Martín immediately got angry, even if Jake didn't know he was Mickey- he wanted to kill her.

Jake ran away, except Martín who he ran up to and immediately punched her. Lexi fell down, hearing everyone ouu and laugh. Junior came, shoving Martín. "What the hell?!" He yelled. "Fuck you!" Martín walks away, trying to look for Jake.

He went outside after checking the whole house, he still couldn't find Jake. So, as he walked down the street- Martín texted him as "Mickey."

hey, how's the party going? you all right?

HOURS later, Jake sat in his room with Chucky. "Like I said before Jake, some people deserve to die." He tells him. "Look at the world, it's the super bowl of slaughter and you can just sit in the stands, you know?"

Jake stayed silent. "What about Mi- I mean...Martín?" Jake looks up at him, "what?"

"I mean he punched that blonde bitch and she deserved it." Chucky tells him. "He punched Lexi at the party?" Jake asks him. "Looks like he's not a monster too. Until you find out."

"What do you mean? Find out what?" He asks, looking at Chucky. "Said too much, didn't I?"

—LIV!
chucky rlly does
know everything...