Teaching You Confidence ♡︎ Kim Seokjin

*

"Here, take a bite" A sudden piece of cheese cake was placed in front of your face.

It was afternoon time and today was Jin and your's quality time of the week. You sat on the sofa in Jin's apartment, he was munching a cheese cake he made a night ago, and me, well... I was trying to avoid it at any cost, no matter how good it smelled and looked.

That's what happens when you live in a toxic society that raises each time its beauty standards that make people like you, that just want to fit in and be accepted, victims.

I shook my head, signaling him I didn't want it, but truly on the inside, I was dying to eat it. You shouldn't eat it if you want to stay skinny, you can't allow yourself to gain wait y/n, scolding myself in my head.

Seokjin, not used to you declining his food, looked at you surprised. "Why? I know how much you like the worldwide yummy food your worldwide handsome boyfriend makes."

I didn't want to tell him the truth about my situation, especially cause I know how much he's confident in his looks while I'm just not.

You chuckled and patted softly his head. "I'm just not really hungry right now, maybe later Seokjinnie."

"Oh... I just thought you wanted some because you didn't eat much earlier." He said, shoulder slumped.

*Time skip to evening*

"Woah" Seokjin sighed dramatically and happily, scaring you because he was so loud.

You put a hand on your chest and giggle. "What are you so happy about Jinnie?" You got up and went to stand next to him in the kitchen to see what he's doing.

"Oh me?" He looked at you smugly. "I'm just making my beautiful girlfriend the best stake in the world right now!" He said excited.

The smile on my face instantly faded. Omg. He's here working so hard to make a meal for both of us and I was about to announce him I skipping for tonight. I'm such a bad girlfriend.

Upon seeing the smile fading, Seokjin looked confused. "Why did you lost your smile? You love stake."

"Well, I wanted actually to mention that I'm skipping dinner tonight. I'm not really hungry." You said playing with your necklace, nervous he'll know you're lying.

Seeing you play this way with your necklace makes it clear for Seokjin that you were lying.
"But baby, you barely eaten anything for the whole day, and so does yesterday and the day before yesterday..."

"Stop worrying Seokjin, I'm just not hu-"

"Bullshit." He said, voice deep, loud and clear.

You were taken back a bit.

"I'm worried about you Y/n. You look so much paler recently and getting really thin. Why are you doing this to yourself huh?"

All the time he was talking, you couldn't do anything else but look down shamefully and taking all his harsh comments in.

"This is the stupidest action I've ever seen you doing. You're hurting yourself this way. Nothing about it is healthy and-"

"Well I'm sorry not all of us can be this confident like you and love what they see when they're looking in the mirror!" You shouted desperately and cut his sentence in the middle.

Your vision became unclear with tears and the next part you whispered with a hurting tone -
"I'm sorry I'm just not as thin or as pretty as the other girls. I'm sorry I'm just human after all." You said, tears now rolling down your eyes as you sniffed.

Seokjin's gaze softened. He never knew that's how you truly felt.

To him you were the perfect creature living on his plant. The perfect human. Perfect for him.
Understanding him, loving him, hurting with him, celebrating the happy and the sad moments with him. How can you not love yourself when you're this beautiful in all aspects?

Seokjin gently pulled you to his chest and wrapped protectively his arms around you.
"So what if you're not as thin as other girls, who said you should be? NOT PRETTY?! If you're not pretty then I'm a gorilla!" He said exaggerating, raising his voice.

You giggled into his chest, light blush rising on your cheeks form his compliments.

"But seriously y/n-" he said raising your chin for your eyes to lock of each other.
"You're pretty in your own way. Other girls are other girls, and you are you. So beautiful on the outside and way more on the inside. Everything about you is just right. And I love you for who you are. Now, come with me please." He said, guiding you to his bedroom and positioning you both in front of the mirror, you're in the front and he's standing behind you.

He softly pulled you hair back to rest behind your shoulders so your front was exposed. "Beautiful" he whispered.

"From today I want you to stand in front of a mirror, every day, and say to yourself how much you're beautiful, how much you are loved and how everything about you is perfect to you and only you and that you don't need to compare yourself to others." He said looking at me with a loving gaze.

"Seokjin..." you sighed.

"I know loving yourself and being confident is not an easy thing to do and sure it doesn't happen magically in one day just because I told you. It's a process. But it's a process you should go through, and I believe in you."

A smile stretched on your sad face, not actually realizing how you got a person like Seokjin next to you.

You turned around and pressed your lips against his. When you pulled away you muttered a small "thank you, I will. I love you Jinnie."

Instead of answering to you, he just bent down to pull you to another kiss, this one was more passionate. The kiss slowly got heated until unfortunately, he pulled away.

"I'm going now to take you to eat the best meal of your life, and later I'm going to show you how much beautiful I think you're, understood?" He winked.

You just rolled your eyes and let him lead the way.

*

I SWEAR IF YOU COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHER AND DON'T THINK YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, I WILL SNEAK INTO YOUR BEDROOM AND SLAP YOU OK?!?!
You're all so so gorgeous❤️

Question: what is your favorite feature in yourselves?

My answer: it took me a while to accept it and love it, but now I can confidentially say I love my curly hair so much!