Newsies in Quarantine P2 (One-Shot)

✎..The Jacobs' house

David was slowly losing his mind.

He thought that this pandemic would help bond the family together, but nooo. Instead, everyone is annoyed of one another.

"Lester Bailey Jacobs, you'd better give my laptop back right now! I need to study!" Is what you'd usually hear around the house. You may also notice a laughing Les running around the house with a laptop in hand and a furious David tailing him.

"Why do you need to study when you don't have school? It's the weekend!" 

"I'm trying to prepare for Monday!"

"Woah!" Sarah said, carrying a full laundry basket in hand. She had almost been knocked over by the youngest of the family. "Les! Watch where you're going!"

"Sorry Sarah."

David zoomed past the girl a few seconds after Les had apologized. He too, almost knocked his older sister.

"David!"

David didn't even bother to apologize when Les already had.

Yup, just a normal day at the Jacobs.

CRASH

Oh, that didn't sound good, did it?

"I'm okay!" 

"Oh no, my laptop!"

๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑

Mr. Jacobs pinched the bridge of his nose after sipping his coffee.

"Are you all right, dear?" His wife asked.

 "Yes. I'm just thinking about the day we can get out of this house, and get a break from each other."

"Hey! I thought I was your guys' pride and joy!" Les walked into the kitchen.

Les' father laughed, "Yes, well..when people spend too much time with one another, the littlest things may irritate them. Such as you. You, Les, are not even listening to what I'm saying.." 

The young boy was looking at the floor, staring into space. He quickly snapped out of it. "Huh? What?"

Mr. Jacobs let out an impatient sigh.

"This is going to be a loooong quarantine.."

✎..With Jack Kelly

Jack was painting a picture of what life was like before the pandemic. He was almost done until he remembered that he hadn't checked on the newsies yet.

He unlocked his phone and texted the newsies group chat

Jack: IS EVERYONE OK? ARE YOU ALL ALIVE? NOBODY GOT COVID RIGHT?

Crutchie: No, I'm ok! 🙂

Race: I'm dead