S1 Chapter 22 - Her Saviour

"Well, what are you doing here, your Highness?" The dark eyes calmly scanned the princess for any scratches.

"W-what? H-How did you know?" Athanasia backed into the boulder more. She wasn't trusting a random person she saw only once before.

"You're not the only magic user, you know? You may have been taught by one of the best warlocks but who says there isn't someone right next to him?" The man smiled at his thoughts.

"W-who are you? I saw you at the debutante ball." Athanasia stared into his black orbs.

"The name is Viscount Ant Belle." Ant smiled at the Princess who slowly moved away from the boulder. "Shall we take you somewhere other than these woods?"

~

Athanasia stared in shock.

Why did she agree to come to this place?!

She thought that the Viscount was bringing her to his place but instead they somehow ended up in a market...Though the Viscount went to the Black market, Athanasia was left in the 'normal' one.

It was nearing Lunch time and Athanasia was starving.

She'd never conjure magic since it was illegal and bad for a Princess to do.

Athanasia clenched her stomach as she roamed the market, mouth watering at the sight of food.

Grrr

Athanasia blushed.

'At least nobody heard.' she thought.

"Gah!"

Athanasia bumped into someone but they grabbed her wrist and brought her back on her feet.

"What are you doing here, Athanasia?"

Her eyes widened but tears rose when she saw someone familiar.

"Ijekiel!" Athanasia wrapped her arms around him and smiled brightly.

"W-what happened? Are you alright? Why are you so far away from the Palace?-".

Grrrrrrr

Ijekiel and Athanasia both looked down to where the sound came from.

"It seems you're hungry. Would you join me for Lunch?" Ijekiel held his hand out.

Athanasia, who was embarrassed by her stomach growls, accepted quickly.

"Why of course."

They then walked off a bit more into a more lively place for a noble and Ijekiel led her to a restaurant.

It was run by commoners and Ijekiel was one of their regular customers.

"A table for two please, Jen."

"No worries, Ijekiel, take a seat." Jen smiled at him and led him to a table.

"What would you both like?"

"Uhm...Just anything really."

Jen smiled, "Ijekiel, the usual?"

"Yes."

After Jen left, Athanasia stared at Ijekiel for a while.

'He seems to look more charming now...But-'.

"Ijekiel...How did you recognise it was me? I did some magic and-".

"Of course I recognised you, Athanasia. Who wouldn't recognise the most beautiful lady in the entire world. And rather I have seen you with your red eyes when we were younger." Ijekiel crossed his arms and legs. "Though, you're probably hiding your identity since you ran away from home."