Come Fly with me

Lizzy pov

Yes, yes, yes. Today is going to be a great day because today me and mom are going on a shopping trip to get some new dresses and skirts and shirts and shoes, nothing can ruin this day, nothing at all.

My outfit today was a white shirt with my black jeans and my white high tops. We walked into the kitchen and we saw dad getting ready to play with his new toy plane, dad says it's not a toy but it's a toy, I bought him one last year for Christmas from a toy store but it's his hobby and I don't question it. "I wish I could stay home with you and fly toy airplanes" manny says "these aren't toy aeroplanes Manny. These are models, and they are complicated" dad says and says we need to understand the principles of Aerodynamics before we can fly them "the box says 12 and up" I say "what" dad says and I point at the box age category "you can fly toy planes with Jay next time, today you have to spend time with Luke" mom says "why?" Manny asks "Because his mother Invited you so you go, family needs to be close. Right, Jay?" Mom says "I'm pretty sure this is a typo" Dad says still concerned about the age category of the box

We arrived at the Dunphy's to drop off Manny, we entered and walked into the kitchen and Manny starts to take out the board game he bought, it is a fun game to play "Manny bought his favourite board game to play with Luke" Mom says "its called Empire, you use Strategy to expand territories and take over the world." Manny says "Luke is going to love, his outback playing" Claire says, me and Manny look outside to see Luke jumping on the trampoline in nothing but shorts and a box over his head, I shake my head to the boy then Alex walks in "ok mom, how about this?" Alex asks about her outfit "you don't even say hello, to Gloria, Manny and Lizzy?" Claire asks "hello Gloria, Manny and Lizzy, ok mom what about this?" Alex asks about the outfit again "No, you are wearing a dress." Claire says as she looks at us "Mom, come on." Alex says "It's going to kill you to like a girl one afternoon." Claire says "but it's for a friend of yours I've never even heard of." Alex says trying to get out of wearing a dress "It's non-negotiable, you can borrow a dress from Haley again." Claire says "no thats send an ugly message- that I'm Haley." Alex says this was going to go back and forth and I just want to go shopping, I then started to daydream ignoring everything else but what bought me out of it was when Mom said "Alex why not you come shopping with me and Lizzy" and that made me upset because this was supposed to be a mom/daughter moment "thats a really nice offer, but it's not really her thing" Claire says, yes thank you "Actually, I'd love to go." Alex says, no, no, no and we leave

We were at the mall and we were going to this restaurant for lunch and I think I can still try to have a bit of mother/daughter with mom "after lunch I was thinking we do a bit of shopping" mom says as we sit down "I'm not getting a dress" Alex says "I don't care, I'm not your mother" mom says "and I couldn't care any less than usual" I say "I know you're my grandmother and... your my aunt" Alex says "how many people do you know that can say 'I have an 11-year-old aunt" I say grinning "And I'm your step-grandmother" Mom says "you always say that we are not real family if we use the Step" I say "In this situation that does not apply" mom says "anyways today, think of me as a girlfriend. Three girls out on an afternoon of fun." Mom says "what do you do with your girlfriends?" Alex asks "I don't know, we go out, we talk, we drink wine." Mom says "can we drink wine?" we ask "No, and if I catch you drinking any type of Alcohol, you are ground for every drop you drink." mom says, saying that last part " some friend" Alex says "well, you can still talk to me about anything." mom says "Yeah, adults always say that but they never mean it, when my says I can ask her anything, I really can't, she just freaks out." Alex says "its true" I say " I won't freak out, shoot." mom says, me and Alex look at each other and smirk "Okay" we said "How many have you slept with?" Alex asks "Eight, next" Mom answers, this was going to be a fun lunch.

 we asked a bunch of questions, "do you have any tattoos?" I ask "yes, two" mom answers "what are they and on which body part?" Alex asks "I have a small flower on my ankle, and a tiny butterfly on my... thigh" mom answers, interesting "how high up?" I ask "pretty high" mom answers "did you do it to look sexy?" "did you do it for a guy?" "Does Grandpa like it" we ask "no, no and yes." mom answers "That's gross" I said "lets go back to your piercings" Alex says and then stops all the asking of the questions and asks Alex why she does not want to wear a dress and says that she does not want to look like Haley and her stupid friends but mom wants to know more and Alex says that she won't look as beautiful as Haley and mom "even when Lizzy wears a dress she will look prettier than me" Alex says "Awe Alex, but I won't be prettier than you, I got frizzy hair, I wear very little makeup and I play sports, out of three of us, I am the least pretty" I say and mom explains that the busboy was looking at Alex every time he comes by and that in the future when she goes on dates she will be beautiful and will wear a dress and Alex smiles at that, "now you." mom says looking me and look confused " Why were moping and upset earlier?" mom asks me "its nothing" I say "don't give that crap" mom says and I sigh "its just today was a mother/daughter day and I have no problem with Alex but today was going to be about me and you spending time and having fun together." I say  "cariño, do me a favour, imagine Alex was not here with us" mom says, I do it and nod "ok did we not have a good fun time" mom says and I nod smiling "and I am sorry to intrude on your day together" Alex says and I accept her apology "come lets go shopping" mom says and we pay for our meal and leave "mom, can a get a tattoo and my ears pierce?" I ask "ears pierce yes, tattoo when your older" mom says, better than nothing and we done our shopping and left.

we got back to the Dunphy house and we left all my new clothes in the car and we went inside, Alex taking her new dress. "Hola we're back" mom says as we entered the question and mom asks if Manny had a great with Luke and apparently they did and Claire says that Alex does not have to wear a dress but Alex says that she bought one and the 3 of us laugh and Alex goes upstairs. " hey check out my new earrings" I say pulling my hair back and revealing my newly pierce ears "yes my little girl has now beautiful earrings to wear with beautiful ears and I never want to hear call yourself the least prettiest again" mom says and I smile when she says all that. We then hear dad pounding on the front door and he enters with Phil and we walk in to the living room to see Phil with a complete bloody face and we were all wondering and asking him what happened and apparently dad crashed his toy plane into him but dad and Phil have different stories on how it happened. I was ask to get Phil water and I went to get it and on the way back I heard everyone arguing because dad never said I like you to feel but long story short, dad said I like you to Phil, then Mitch and Cam walk in and dad said I like you to Cam then Manny joined in on their hug and Mitch was recording it on a camera he got a Costco.

Gloria pov

(a/n: if you guys see this // its them talking to the camera)

// I always wanted a daughter, to dress up in pretty dresses and do her hair, for the first year I would dress Manny up as a girl and tell everyone that he was my daughter but only a few times I didn't want to confuse him and when he saw the pictures I said it was his twin sister who die. But now I have Lizzy and its wonderful, I get to buy her dresses and jewelry and do her make up and we do all the girl things together it is so much fun.