Bicycle Theft

(Bedroom)

Lizzy pov

Today was a great day, mom and dad are going to Napa Valley for the weekend while Manny and I are going to Disneyland with his dad, it was only going to be him until he ask if I could come and his dad said yes, mom and dad would have still gone to Napa and I would have stayed with Phil and Claire but Disneyland is much more fun but I would have laughed at Luke riding his sister bike.

I was eating breakfast with mom in the kitchen when dad walked in "I called that place in Napa and got us upgraded to a villa with a hot tub, so bring what you wear in the hot tub" dad says "I usually wear nothing in the hot tub" mom says "my college roommates wife just got a new hip, sucker" dad says and I just cringe "I have questions about Napa Valley?" I ask "Of course sweetie" dad says "so they make wine there, right?" I ask "yes" dad says "but you must grow grapes to make wine, right?" I ask "I already see where this is going, Im going to the club to play a few rounds before our trip" dad says "no you must help Manny install the fan in his room" mom says "oh yeah, call a guy" dad says "no you must do It with him, so he can learn to do it for himself and also teach Lizzy so she can learn too, in my culture the men take great pride in their work" mom says "I know, thats why I hire people from your culture" dad says "funny, I cant wait to tell it to my next husband as we spend all your money" mom says leaving "well their half, Im taking my half of the money and putting towards me and my future" I say running upstairs "At least you are being responsible" dad says

While the boys were up in Mannys room trying to install his fan I was with mom in my room packing my bag because I'm a bit forgetful" You didn't answer my question from earlier" I said sitting on my bed "sorry Mi Amor, what was the Question?" mom asks "so you need grapes to make wine right?" I ask "yes" mom says "so how does one turn the grapes into wine?" I ask "they use a machine" mom says and looks back into my closet "cariño(a/n: I don't if that is the right word for sweetheart Spanish, so if Im wrong pls tell me and I will edit it), where are all your dresses?" Mom asks asks "oh I don't have any, my outfits consist of jeans and shirts and sweaters" I say, like today I was wearing a pink and white stripe sweater with a pair of jeans and my white high tops "no this won't do, where we get back, you and I will go on a shopping trip" mom says "like a mother/daughter shopping trip?" I ask "Si, and we will go and get you the prettiest of dresses and some skirts" mom says and I go and hug her and she hugs me back.

After my bag was pack, I and mom went into the kitchen to have a snack and make the boys one, where we were done, mom went to take the snack, I went to go watch tv and after a few minutes mom came in "Cariño I'm going to get a few more things for the trip, so I'll see you when you after the weekend, have fun with Manny and his father, and check in on the boys to make sure they don't get hurt" mom says "okay mom, I'll see you then, love you" I say hugging her "Love you too" mom says kissing my forehead before she leaves.

I went upstairs to check on the boys and I opened the door to find them fighting " just say it you don't want me here" Manny says "Woah guys" I say trying to calm the situation"you know right now I don't" dad says "DAD" I yelled "I hate living here, I wished you never married my mom" Mannys says before leaving the room "MANNY" I yelled "WHAT HAPPENED HERE?" I ask "first lower your voice with me ok, second we were fighting over the fan and the instructions and safety" dad says but I knew there was one more, I gave a 'tell the rest' look "and Manny kept saying how his dad is superman" dad says, there it is "dad lots of kids see their dads as superman, and Manny isn't any different, ao let the kid believe what he wants to believe" I say "Thanks Lizzy, sometimes it takes the kid to teach the parent" dad says and I leave to grab my bag and head downstairs to wait with Manny.

As I heading down the stairs to go wait outside, I overheard a conversation between dad and Manny's dad, Javier, and apparently, Javier wasn't coming, I knew it was best for dad to tell him, so I went outside and went to wait with Manny, as I went to wait with him, I sat down and started speaking "I know you both didn't mean what you guys said to each other" I said "he had no regard for safety and he was ignoring the safety instructions" Manny said "Manny those instructions are in every manual, dad read enough to know about safety, but there will be accidents along the way, even if you read the instructions properly, everyone does things their own way" I said, just then dad walked up to us and I know dad will tell Manny that Javier was not coming in half a truth or complete truth "so listen, I have some bad news, your dads not coming" dad says, first part done " what?" Manny says "there was this old lady that had to get home so he gave his sit to her" dad says and I smile "you're lying, he just doesnt want to see me" Manny says "are you kidding, he was dying to see you, in fact he wants me and your mom to take you disneyland, look what even sent" dad says as the limo that he got for him and mom drove up "a limo, I told you he is the greatest dad ever" Manny says and put his stuff in the trunk and I went up to dad "I know the truth but what you said it good, you are awesome superman" I said as I hugged him.

Later, mom came home and was told the truth and we all went to Disneyland, it was a great time, we went on rides, played games and we got Mickey Mouse ears and on the ride home I and Manny fell asleep, me on moms shoulder and Manny on dads it was great

The key to being a good dad... Well, sometimes things just work out the way you want. Sometimes they don't. But you got to hang in there, because when it is all said and done, 90% of being a dad is just showing up.

A/n: hey guys, episode two is here and I hope you enjoy it, I think in some episodes that I will have the other family members do povs but it will mostly be them talking about Lizzy or Lizzy-related topics and I will do a filler chapter here and there, and I will also be giving small info about the next chapter, something like this

In the next episode: Lizzy goes on a shopping trip with Gloria so they get mother/daughter time but gets upset due to a tag along.

But if you guys don't like it I won't do it

That's for the support
Read, Vote and Comment
Owenjennoghost