Chapter 13.

[ WHY??! ]

(This chapter is mostly based on Jack's thoughts and feeling)

The entire night his sleep was on and off. Every once in a while he got up with ease and had difficulty in sleeping back. Only 2 thoughts going back and forth. 1- Why was Josh so interested in a girl he just saw once. (Look who's speaking) The Way he was looking at her, even though he is Jack's best friend he knew how big of a Jerk he was and the thought of him even near that gleaming girl made his palm sweat. Not only this, but the second thought made him even more restless. Nothing but only a word- WHY?

Since their first encounter, she has been pulling him towards her like a magnet, like an new shadow- wherever he goes, her thought follows him back. Whenever he tried to shrug it off and close his eyes, your gigling face and that priceless happy look flashed across. He couldn't shake it out of his mind; neither you, nor that thought.

The next day, on his way to school, he was looking for every way of distraction- Soccer? No, she'll be at the cheer practice. Class? She shares 3 classes with him, but what about the others? They're boring. Why? Because she's not in them. Internally groaning, he shook his head and sped his car. Maybe reaching there before her might help? But it did not. Pulling up in the school parking lot, she saw the very familiar red sports car parked right beside his spot- Josh. Only that name caused uneasiness rush over him. Great.

Reaching over to his locker, while putting the lock inn, he felt a broad presence over his shoulder. Frowning when he turned around, he was the face he did not at all wanted to- Josh, with a toothish grin and gelled hair, arms open for his "bro". Trying his best not to show his annoyance through his face, he gave his "bro" a fake smile and hugged him. Way opposite like he did yesterday. Pulling away he grabbed his stuff and started moving towards his class, Josh following behind like a lost puppy.
"So, we have English right now." Josh said, which did bring a small genuine smile on the soccer boy's face. Not because it was English but it was a class where he gets to see Vienne. That smile was in a second vanished as he realized the cons.. he has to see VIENNE. Again those thoughts came back with listening speed and along with those 1000, one made his eyes wide in realization. Josh was going as well, with him, to see her. Brilliant.

"Are you ignoring me?" Josh said, catching Jack's attention. "What? No why would I?" He replied. But he did know inside he was... infact he is intending too. "I was just thinking about something.. That new girl who joined? She's cute." Josh said non-chalantly. And there it was. One statement enough to make him stop in his tracks. Josh stopped with him, looking at his fried confused, "why's you stop? Let go?" He shrugged however Jackson had it enough.

He checked his watch, there were still 10 minutes left for the class. He took Josh's arm and dragged him near one of the empty locker booth, " Okay Josh, tell me what's the deal with you? Why are you behind her?" He asked, glaring at him with threatening eyes, face red and hand still gripping his arm. "What? What are you talk-" "save the crap for later. Now. Tell. Me."

Josh was low-key terrified. After all of these years, it was very rare to see Jackson so dead serious and pissed at the same time. Stuttering he answered, "bro Imma be honest with you. That girl who's number Mrs. Rose gave me yesterday- not gonna lie she is kinda nice b-" before he could complete, Jackson's fist collided with his jaw,  making an audible "tuck" sound. The fellow passing by students weren't bothered at all, it was a normal thing there.

"What was that for?!" Josh asked, holding his slowly swelling Jaw with both of his hands. A furious Jackson came near him and spoke pointing his finger at his face, " listen to me carefully Josh, I know that girl is nice, kind, genuine and probably the most prettiest girl you've ever seen but if I ever see you even go near her, you won't be in the condition to walk ever again you hear me?" Josh looked at the boy in front of him with wide eyes. He raised his hand up as if he wanted permission to speak- which he actually wanted. Stepping back from him, Jack folded his hand and nodded giving him a chance to speak.