Chapter 9.

[ It's happening ]

(swear warnings)

"Where's she?"                                                                                                                                                                    was the first thing he asked a very concern Sara, panting, catching his breath. She got up, Jogging towards him, "Listen, I don't know who the fuck the told that head of- whatever.. that she's good in dancing blah blah blah but that ruined all our effort of the last 6 days because she's back to being a sad cry baby again. I swear I'll murder that guy myself-" "Can you please calm down? I want to tell you something that might make you murder me..." 

"Don't tell me you were the one you sent that boss lady?!" She glared at him, "See, trust me, I'll fix this. Its for her Sara okay, she will dance again! Now, where is she?" He pleaded her. If Jackson saw the expression on his face right now, he would've not believed his own self but that's not the point right now. The point was that Sara saw how the douche guy of the school was concern for her sister. That not only he was changing her sister but her sister was also having some affect on her, that aching depth in his eyes made her step away and pointed towards her sobbing sister who was blankly staring the ground sitting on the bleachers. 

His heart shattered at the sight of her, a girl completely opposite to what she was yesterday. The fun, smiley and childish glow on her was replaced by the shadow of dried tears and red eyes. With shaking legs he put on an although fake but goofy smile and took a seat next to her, "Are you that free that you're staring at the dried grass that probably hasn't been watered since...forever." He tried to lighten up the mood but his smile faded as well looking beside him who didn't even blink. 

"You know, my parents died of a car crash last year?" she asked still not blinking. Pausing for a while, he hesitantly nodded. "Last year that was a big shocker for me, and the only thing thing keeping me sane was Cheerleading and dancing. I was coping up, learning how to smile again just then, my first boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend." Vienne let one tear slip out. "I could, med performance see them kissing and what broke my heart even more was something that he said after." Now she turned to him, now realizing that his tall palm enveloped her smaller ones, caressing her knuckles. A small gesture that showed a lot of emotions, something that she never expected from someone who doesn't care for her, or well atleast she thought so. 

She did squeezed his palm back in response and give him a half hearted smile, appreciating the gesture and continued," He said and I quote, "You were never my type, I was with you only because of your popularity in school and to come near Stella. Cheer head and quite good in academics, but in real life, you're boring as hell. Stella doesn't like you too, nobody does infact because of how crazy and stupid things you do. Weirdo." 

{Listen to dusk till dawn by Zyan and Sia while reading this, cuz I did writing it}

And with that last word she couldn't control herself further and her barrier broke. Within seconds however, Jackson was fast enough to pull her close to his chest, holding her gently and stroking her hair while she clutched to his jacket and loosen herself. 

Watching her in this state not only made his heart ache but also his blood boil. He was so furious at whoever those assholes were and prayed that once in life he wanted to punch that guy on his face for what he did. As of now all mattered to him was this broken girl in his embrace right now. He knew she was something- something that made him want to stop time then and there. It was happening, he was, is getting attached. He never thought a girl that he met only a couple of days ago would put such an impact on him, that even the thought of letting her slip away from his grasp made his grip on her even firm. What he did not see coming was her reaction towards it.